Chapter 28: Unexpected People, Unexpected Place

AN: I always peeress the chapters before posting them, for correcting purposes, you know? Took me forever to read this one and it's only now that I realize it's basically chalk-full of descriptions and...yeah. Like and comment if you wish. Also, have a good summer since I literally just got out of school five minutes ago~

-

Ahhhhh I've done it now!

I was standing in the middle of the jungle, greenery high all around me as tall as Sequoia trees, reaching so far up I couldn't see the top. All I was doing was looking straight up with a crestfallen face, seriously wondering how I would get myself out of this horrible mess.

I was looking around like it was hopeless, I had hit the last domino.

Damn it!

I screamed in my mind, not even caring that other beings may have heard it. There was a small leak in my mind from the crack of my soul, and I could no longer use mental power to stop it up because I would be too expended. That was the reason my mental lessons with Mother stopped a long time ago and never resumed again after the second incident with the episode I had, the soul widening.

Instead, I had to use a spell to patch it up like an air tight barrier. It had to be done in more than just one place, and so now there were band aids that Takuya had stuck all over my soul peaking out everywhere. It made me feel like a broken doll, and that I was falling apart even more now.

I returned to my mind, escaping the thoughts that plagued me like monkeys after a banana. Great, jungle analogy. A stupid stereotypical one too.

My torrent of emotions decided to calm down after a while, deciding to make sense of my situation.

For one thing, this was most certainly real. This I was sure of once a small animal, one that I certainly didn't recognize, dashed past in a hurry.

Was that a turtle? Spider?

If so, then that was one hella fast turtle. It had large furry legs like a spider, pink. It's torso was just shaped like a regular turtle, except it was bright yellow like a flower. The patterns were squares, and the head was shaped like a golf ball. The proportions had been extremely off, but I had recognized it nonetheless.

I never liked spiders in my past life, but I had no qualms with them. If they didn't come near me, I wouldn't go near them. If they weren't in my bed, then I wasn't in their bed.

Wait, I can't get in their beds. Do they even have beds...? Webs, sure, but-

-ahhhhh! That's besides the point!!!

I just watched the spider with my open mouth of shock, unprepared for the boar that decided to come out of the bushes after it.

Now, I only recognized it as a boar because of the tusks. They were in perfect resemblance of the Earth version, the ears as well; but that's where the similarities ended.

The boar was violet. No, fuchsia. It was like a toad with bumps all over its body, it's tail braided like a princess's luxurious hair treatment was done. It was fairly smaller than a speed boat, it's frame narrow and reminding me of the American Flat Stanley books that I had somehow read before.

It crashed through the low hanging palm leaves, thundering across the ground like an arrogant disaster in nature.

It didn't even notice me as its long, ridiculously long twenty foot tail smacked me with the force of a whip. It stung horribly, red marks raising on my cheeks instantly.