Chapter 56: Permission to Freak Out?

"And so, since I know I will not get off the hook for this one, I will plead guilty to many things. Please pardon me by giving me a light sentence," I bowed to Mother, completely serious.

     She didn't know what the heck I was talking about, so her arms unfolded and reached across the table in between us and lifted my head.

     "Baby," she started. "Whatever it is that you tell me, I won't get mad."

     "I told the same thing to Kitri, and now I'm fuming. Funny how promises work, isn't it?"

     "As you said before, I'm not you. Besides, you came back in one piece. I don't see a single scratch on you."

     There's a very good reason for that. It's called [Rapid Healing].

     You should get it, sometime. It's very useful.

     "You say that now...you know what, it's faster if I just show you," I stood up and jumped over the table with wind magic, landing in between my parents.

     "Wait, what do you-"

     "This may hurt. Actually, it won't. It just felt like the appropriate time to say that," I shrugged, then grabbed both of their hands and dragged their souls inside of me before they knew what I was doing.

     Takuya, Kairea, you know what to do.

     We know. Disappear for a while so they don't see us or anything incriminating.

     Thank you, I smiled as I passed them by, taking my parents directly into the de Libellule mansion in my mind, skipping the entrance. I didn't want to show them anymore than I had to, including myself. I was making my form assume the shape of Firea right now, not what it really is-Kaya.

     The Japanese house seemed to disappear if you looked out the windows, the wheat field stretching to make it seem like the lot had never been cleared out.

     Soon enough, it was just me in the form of Firea with not even a hint of the large hole in my soul since I hid it, along with my unconscious parents' souls lying on the floor.

     They woke up, dazed. When they saw me standing above them in the main hall, ethereal white dress that was meant to copy the apparatus of my consciousness on me, they didn't understand.

     "When did we get in the hallway?" Father looked disoriented, probably shaken while looking around to see why he wasn't sitting on his couch, in his office.

     "Just now," I told them, helping Mother up. She was staring around at this new place, sensing something a little off as her eyes were slitted and glowing that unworldly blue.

     "This...is not our home."

     "So you noticed," I smiled like I was proud, letting her hand go as she stared down at me. "Like my dress?" I twirled in place, relaxed. How I could be so relaxed when I had foreigners inside my soul I had no clue, but I didn't feel any PTSD from Margaret breaking in.

     Mother nodded numbly, up and down.

     "Where are we?"

     "We are in my soul."

     "That doesn't make sense."

     "Does anything about me make sense?"

     "Well, no, but-"

     "Then just play along," I cut over, grabbing their hands again and marching off down the hallway of memories. Each door had a different title on it to represent a memory, little noises leaking out through the cracks and scaring Mother from time to time. Her senses were heightened right now, so she probably heard all the little details.