Chapter 112: Fight Like Your Life Depends On It

Keir was exuding that handsome aura again, blinding Magaris's senses and marching into my room with that pleasant smile that he would use to invite all the girls to his room with. He was really tall compared to me now, a tiny bit confused when he saw how small I was.

     "You...You're pretty cute. How old are you?" He asked me with a harmless gaze.

     Should I lie and say that it was my older sister? No, because if he asks for my older sister's name he'll find Hera or Chord one way or another, with that description.

     Should I say yes?

     And get my butt whooped while I'm unable to use magic? I will honor the rule my father has given me to the end, mainly because I know Mother will kill me if I use magic.

     "I-I'm six years old," I squeaked, afraid of this man who was marching into my room. I didn't have to fake it at all, seeing as I was almost completely vulnerable because of all the limiters put on me. I had ones that prevented me from using magic, and then ones that prevented me from taking off the magic sealing ones, and more after that. That's probably what was preventing my instant death right now, the rings and bracelets and shackles and anklets I'd built to be top notch hiding the leak my mana gave off. Since I hadn't used magic for many months, the trail I left behind usually was long gone, swept away and buried beneath other people walking through here. "W-Who are you?"

     "Me?" Keir blinked, his muscles flexing as he folded his arms. Whoever told him about skintight shirts should go die. "I'm Keir. And you?"

     "My-My name is Firea. What are you doing here?"

     "I'm looking for someone who lives here. Do you have any sisters that are somewhere around this height?" He held his hand up to just below his shoulder, since I had made my teenage form kind of tall.

     "No," I shook my head, looking at him with my small eyes.

     "Hm," he dropped his hand. He chewed on his lip while sticking his hands in his back pockets casually, and Magaris continued standing in the doorway. "Well, sorry for bothering you."

     He left. He closed the door behind him with a certain glint in his eyes, that smile gone as he looked very contemplative, curious.

     Oh my Stars, he left.

     I didn't move from my seat for some time, bundled up on it in my loose dress and shivered. My knees were weak as I hugged them, trying so hard not to breathe.

     What should I do? My house has been invaded by a one man army.

     I stood up and made my way to my door, wobbling a bit. There was no one in the hallway, no one standing there waiting for me to come out. It felt like a trap to come out of my room, but I did so anyway that late at night again and sneaked down the hall while uber cautious. My head turned left and right as I walked down the hall, trying to find my parents' room. Of all days to forget where it is in these halls that all look the same because of how bare they are, it had to be today?

     When I finally found the door that led to the room in between Mother's room and Father's that they interacted in at night, I knocked only twice really fast before barging in and slamming the door behind me.

     By now, after running through the halls as fast as possible and accidentally going down the stairs a flight too many before realizing they were on the second floor, I was huffing and absolutely hysterical as I ran over to the bed and climbed on top of it.

     "Fir, what're you doing here?" Mother mumbled tiredly. It was dark in here, somewhere around three in the morning. I have no clue how he got into the house, how he got past the guards and the gate and the barrier. Why did Magaris even let him in? Why was she up right now?