Chapter 75: Ana's POV

My daughter is one of the brightest, independent, charismatic, darling children in the world. She's beautiful, lovable, smart, childish, snarky sometimes, caring, and a bundle of joy to everyone in the mansion. I'm one of the happiest people on Tasega, getting to see that smiling face everyday.

She's also one handful that I can never understand. I don't think I ever will, either.

Yesterday had been our birthday, and I finally got to celebrate it despite all the obstacles that were bound to come and flood us again. My daughter is also a very strong trouble magnet, one that can't go a single day of her life without encountering some sort of out of the ordinary problem.

Curse wraiths? Done it.

Frying Church member's brains and waking up from a deep coma? Of course.

Traveling the world? Why not?

Hell, why don't we add getting the scorn of an ancient Dragon (my father) and the Fae Queen, befriending an impeccable vigilante, and getting a spriggan prince for a fiancé?

Oh, and you can't forget that she can make hops across the world in seconds just to make a little cake delivery.

But the one thing that I absolutely cannot wrap my head around: how?

There are many "how's" that I ask myself everyday, questions I know will never be answered.

So, I let it go. If there are things you can't understand, accept, know, then just let it go.

Besides, do I have to understand my daughter? She's mine, and that's all that matters. She loves us, we love her, we are a family. No one really understands each other, so who am I to question her ways?

That was my thought process, up until I picked her up off the ground after she passed out from doing some impossible magic. The sheer force of it baffled me, the amount of mana being something I'd never experienced before.

     Unearthly, impossible.

     I was breathing heavily and trying to keep the tears back when I noticed she wasn't breathing, remembering the time she had turned out to be a stillborn and I felt I had failed my family.

My husband, Earl, ran out of the gates and slid down next to me. Tears were already coming out of my eyes and I was going into shock.

He picked up my daughter in one arm carefully, then pulled me up and brought me into the safety of the gates. The barrier was down, so that was a major loss, but that didn't mean we were utterly vulnerable.

I still needed to do my part in helping, so I numbly stumbled off to a mechanism that popped out of a wall and started pouring mana into it to create a pseudo barrier. Earl continued dashing inside with our baby girl, looking for Liza and her apprentice.

After pouring all of the mana I could stand to give away along with many other magicians, the night was over several hours later.

It was time for Kitri to come and do the collection in Basusda, but after finding an extreme amount of carnage and total destruction in his midst (or at least more than usual), he flew over here.

In front of our gate, for hundreds of pouriks, there was white and silver ground. The trees looked like they'd been in a major snow storm, eternally white. The grass and trails and roads, the dirt and gates and walls, all of it was white. Even if you dug deep into the ground, scraped off the trees, or anything else, it was white. The stones of the wall were not just white on one side, but were white on both sides and inside.