Chapter 106: Bath Time? and Lecture

Soaking in the warm waters, I traced my fingers on the stones and carvings while inhaling the steam. It always felt so nice to take a bath; we only had a nice one at home because I built it. Grandfather's house also had one, but I had no clue why. I just knew the house was as old as time immemorial, repaired numerous times and kept standing with magic. Someone could tell me that thing was four thousand years old and I wouldn't doubt them.

My enjoyment of the bath didn't last longer than ten minutes before I had to actually wash myself, the blood and dust clouding the water and making it so you couldn't see the bottom anymore.

     [Radar] showed me that two somethings were running towards this room at a high speed. There were two more, but they were walking.

    I went down into the muddy water so that even my hair couldn't be seen, and waited.

"That's odd...[Radar] shows that she should be here right now. I don't see her."

     "She's under the water, isn't she?"

     "She's not drowning, right?!"

     "Hold on Lars! Don't jump in!"

     "Why not!"

     "Because she's simply hiding. Look, I'll get her." Kiki AKA River sighed and went to clear the waters with her hand, but I stopped her.

I'm naked.

"You know what kids let's go back." River suddenly did a 180 in less than a second, taking Lars and Välene by the hands and leading them out. They were dragging behind, not wanting to come, but Andrew walked right away. He'd not even entered the room, because he knew his manners. Välene was pretty sophisticated, but even she left her brain in her room sometimes.

Lars? Lars didn't care. Actually, he didn't think to care. He was a child after all.

They followed her anyway while dragging their feet, frowning at the ground. Their minds were leaking as they huffed away, River and me both hearing their thoughts.

But I wanted to see her...

Dad finally said she was coming back...

I...thought I would finally get to thank her, Andrew had his hands in his pockets as he walked away, mood downcast as he headed back down the hall.

Agh! An arrow through my heart! Guilt from him wanting to thank me, happiness that he wasn't thinking to curse me out!

That's the one that made me stop hiding, come out and imagine some clothes. Since it was a bath and they were the ones that intruded, it was okay for me to dress informally. It's not like I had any clothes lying around here...

I didn't really think about it as I imagined a fluffy bathrobe appearing that was like Dracula's cape on me. Well, since I was a Vampire it kind of fit. It was black and trailed on the floor, not a single bit of skin was revealed on my body except for my chin and up. My hands had long sleeves, making me feel like some
sort of goth Hatsune Miku. Hair still wet and coldly dripping down my neck, I tightened the fabric there so it was like a body suit.

I walked slowly out of the bath, going down the hallway after them with no real speed. It took me quite a while to reach the king's office, since it was quite far from here.

Kiki had officially taken on the role of River as her official personality, giving herself a real identity to go by. I would only use it to fill in for her once in a while, if I needed her elsewhere.