Chapter 124: Firea & Sherfire

I refused to leave the bag. I refused to look outside the bag. I refused to do anything that involved the world outside the bag.

Stubbornly, I stayed inside even though my stomach stupidly rumbled loudly after a day, didn't drink a lick of water even though it was put right outside the entrance. I didn't sleep a wink.

Once, Sherfire set the bag on fire. She had hoped to literally smoke me out, or rather hoped that I would run for the baths after climbing out.

She soon learned that I could barely do anything, this body was that of a newborn's. I couldn't walk at all, and it wasn't because of the bag.

So yeah, it was pretty bad that I didn't sleep. Newborns need lots of sleep. They also need lots of nutrients, which was why a few breastfeeding mothers offered to share, but I kindly yet sternly said no thank you and went back to counting the strings in my burlap sack again.

However, Sherfire would talk to me. She would relentlessly talk to me day or night, drag me around in the bag and parade me in front of everyone as she went to get food or go take a bath, and it was to the point of insanity that I'd been driven.

"Ready to come out?" Lucia asked after walking alongside with Fang.

"She said that she wouldn't come out over her dead body, so I don't think so," Sherfire shook her head.

"Please...make it stoooop...the voice....day and night it goes on and on and on and it's been drilled into my brain...!"

"That's what you get for having Sherfire as a roommate."

"I didn't ask for it!"

"Is it so bad?" Sherfire wondered to herself. Then, she shrugged, and moved on.

I lasted for three days. Three whole days before my baby self gave out and had to sleep. Apparently, I snored, so it was pretty easy to move me from the bag while I slept deeply.

Sherfire was chuckling to herself softly, and then threw my small body on to her shoulders, since I was only double my previous even smaller body mass, and went out of her room. She learned the hard way, while my long, thin tail bounced in front of her, that the thing was the sharpest weapon anyone could find in these caves.

Because the next thing I knew, I woke up to the sound of her cursing.

"Sherfire, calm down! What's - oh my."

Her words were unintelligible, and my [Linguist's Comprehension] didn't pick it up so it probably wasn't even a language.

I was placed on the ground to curl up on myself, the blood on my tail leaking on the cool blade. I didn't notice, just slept. I didn't wake up till a day later, when Sherfire had her foot healed and was glaring at me as I slept under the sun, by the entrance to the cave. I'd been carried there with her magic this time, not by hand. I guess she did indeed learn her lesson the hard way.

But I was easily forgiven as she was wooed by my cuteness, watching my yawn and looking at my tiny fangs as I rolled over and got comfortable on the warm ground, shifting my shoulders up and down to scratch my wings.

It just felt so good...

When I woke up next, I was so dazed and hungry that I ate what was given to me and then fell face first in the bowl because I was tired again.

"All she does is sleep..."

"She did ward me off for three days and three nights straight, simply because she didn't sleep. I'm glad that's over, I was missing my beauty sleep," Sherfire yawned, her green scales glistening in the light. She still hadn't been able to turn fully human with transformation magic. "Gotta be proud of that. Too bad she's only a newborn, if she were older in her physical form then she would've outlasted me."