Chapter 90: The Next Event Already?!

The next time I came to the king's office was the day before the summer solstice, held in Julei in this world, where he told me he would be needing my presence all week.

     Yes. It was an event that lasted the whole week. Mother wanted Fir to go explore with her, the king wanted Knight to be by his side, and the vice captain wanted me to help clean up a little mess someone stupidly created a month ago.

     The stress level is unreal.

     But to cope with that...

     Ja-Jan! Ta-da! My familiar, who was been trained by me for seven months, will be taking my place in one of these three requirements!

     The Demon, after it copies some of your tendencies and memories and stuff, can replicate you perfectly while activating its skills. Then, it becomes a perfect copy of you right down to the last Status entry. We even went into a space pocket I had made after reading lots of Olei-san's books, and tested out the power.

     Yep, the MP resembled mine for sure.

     All 73,446 points.

     Even the memories, down to the last detail. This is not some cheap knockoff, no sir.

    "What shirt was I wearing when I first met my father?"

     "None, you were wearing a onesie."

     "What was the color of the old man's beard in the painting above my death bed, where they laid me down after they thought I was stillborn?"

     "It was white. Also, it was a goatee, not just any beard."

     Wow, I had thought. So nicely detailed.

     "What is my favorite phrase?"

     "That's wrong, it isn't just one phrase," the familiar in the form of me right now tilted her head to the side while frowning. "You have multiple."

    "I love you so much," I hugged the familiar, melting with relief. This Demon is a blessing if I ever saw one.

     "Uh, sure," she acted just like I would too! Yes!

     I found out, after getting more Demon books from the king, that shapeshifters don't just impersonate you. They basically are you, and there isn't really anything that could affect them that doesn't affect you. They were very feared because, if they take the form of something powerful, there really was no stopping them.

     They were the real thing.

     If it decided to impersonate a human, then it is fundamentally no longer a Demon. Holy magic and light magic wouldn't work on it.

     Okay, I'm glad I don't have to fight this thing. Also, it basically is me, has the same strengths and weaknesses altogether. If someone wanted to kill it, it would be the same as trying to kill me.

     As we all know, I don't go down easily. So it won't either.

     This time, the job I had assigned for it was not too difficult. It just had to entertain Mother the whole time, while I ran around doing other stuff.

     This moment is just before we go our separate ways, where I was to go to the king and she would head out on a carriage with my family into the city:

     "Are you sure you can do this?" I asked her with my hands on her shoulders.

     "Yes, Master. I'll be perfectly fine," she smiled lightly back to me, then smirked. "I am you, for now. I have the baseless confidence that you always have that everything will be fine, so how could I not feel that way?"