Chapter 50: Better Not Be a Horror Movie!

Currently, the young man and I-just me actually since he didn't have the abilities or stomach to-were interrogating the Church member that was going to do a mind read on him: Father James. It's really sad because there was a church out in the country than my family sometimes visited when they didn't hate me as much in Japan, a missionary where there was a Father James there too. Now, I was hurting someone with the same name. Oh well, it's not like I've seen Father James Japan version since I was two.

     This Father James was currently foaming at the mouth since I went and rummaged around in his soul to find the location of the girl. It was actually easier than I thought, winning against his soul guardian. I didn't know the official name for it, but just assumed it was a "soul guardian" since they called things like that crystal a "soul crystal," so it must be something dumb like that. But now that I think about it, they call dungeons "Time Prisons," so it could be quite far off.

     I'll learn that later.

     The girl was being held in a city called Yurein, about sixty miles away from here. It was way closer than I thought, and the young man was so shocked to hear that that he almost broke down.

     "Always so close to home..." he had muttered. His town was apparently only ten miles away from there, even closer to us but a bit out of the way to the right. "So," he looked back at where my eyes should be as we stood over the twitching man. He wasn't dead yet, but would end up just like Margaret if he didn't get help for his bleeding consciousness soon. I may have rummaged a little too carelessly, in revenge for having it done to me..."just get my sister and go back to our home after that?"

     "Are you a fool?"

     He blinked.

     "I asked, are you a fool?"

     "I'd hope not?"

     "Well I think you are."

     "Why?"

     I sighed, almost face palming. To keep up my image, I simply explained while making him feel like an ant, "Did you really think you could just go right on home after taking from the Church? You are a bandit after all, so you would be recognized if the Church goes looking for you anywhere near your village after escaping from them. Also, with a prisoner gone and a Church member mentally impaired," I waved to the guy on the floor, "they will obviously assume it's you. If you just go back you'll be caught and given an even worse fate. You should go somewhere else."

     "I-We, my sister and I, don't have anywhere else to go. We've never left our town, and the only reason I'm here now is because those bandits kidnapped my sister and forced me to work for them to get her back," he shook his head. "I'll be lucky if this works and I ever see her again." His eyes were downcast as he looked at Father James still twitching pitifully on the floor.

     "Are you doubting me?"

     His head snapped up at me, noticing the slight change in my voice. If he didn't think it would work, we could just play it safe and never go through with any of the plans I made so far. I didn't need to be here, I could be flying home right now and being closer to people who missed me.

     "No! I just...I haven't had hope of seeing her in a long time," he shook his head. "This is all new to me."

     "Well get used to the craziness, because it'll only get stranger," I grabbed him by his underarms with the ribbon and then flew while he was facing the wrong way, about to crash into a wall.

     "Wait-there's a wall there! Hold up!"

     He struggled, but I held firmly onto him as my intangibility spell did wonders and let us fly through the wall, then into the night, leaving the bedchamber Father James was given to stay in for a couple days.