Chapter 65: Tasega's Version of Kagame

-Flashback over, back to the hellish bath time-

"We've got one hour until the sun goes down and the party officially starts, Fir! You slept the whole day, so I took pity of you, let you sleep, and now we're not going to have enough time!"

"Five minutes is already enough! Why must you torture me so?!"

"This is the winter solstice, one of the five biggest events in Larjulias! How can you go with even a bit of dirt on your skin?!"

"I'll live! Just stop!"

Ten minutes later, after lots more of rinsing and lathering and a whole bunch of stuff I wouldn't need to do for many weeks more, I was freed.

"Gah! You're just like Kagame and her clean obsessed self!"

"I don't know who that is, but I bet they take great care of themselves," a sponge was pointed at me. "And no, you aren't free. Now, we need to hunt for something to wear!"

"Can't I just make something? Yeah, let's make something! It'll be way faster and it only takes a little bit of mana and time! Please?!" I complained, hiding behind a chair.

"Fine!" Flo gave up after struggling with me for a few minutes. "But I pick the dress, okay? You seem like the type to just throw on something and go."

"So true..."

And so, after twenty minutes of "too little" and "not shiny enough," I was free.

I was wearing what I basically wore to every party, a dress modeled off of some Halloween costume I'd seen while in America. The Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Tinker Bell, Cinderella...

You are my saviors. For future dress references.

So, right now, I was wearing green flats with white accents on it, a green dress with dull edges on the bottom and sleeves, an evergreen wreath on my head made from white metal that Flo had me conjure up. It was easily lost in my curls, but easy to see if you stood above and let the light glint on it.

The dress had a neckline that was just under my collar bones, the sleeves went until my elbows, and the length was to my knees. Honestly, I felt like Tinker Bell in winter. Not just felt like, this is what she looked like. I was just red haired and didn't have wings.

The special thing about my outfit was that it looked like my dress was made from real leaves. There were long strokes on it, the hem looking like a bunch of tips of leaves.

Not just Tinker Bell, I also felt like freaking Tarzan. I'd never watched Tarzan, but I bet this is what it would look like.

I feel like a fairy wannabe...wearing giant leaves...

After Flo got herself ready, making us half an hour late to the party with a short, easy to move in purple dress and slip ons, we were out the door. Although, she did make me stop and create a golden wreath for her head. My white one contrasted strongly with hers, making me wonder why we didn't match.

Her wings, just like Kitri's-Kitriux, I'd tease him about that later-fluttered in excitement and changed colors strongly. The back of her dress was wide open, the wings like a Heather Pixie's folding up and down and making me dizzy.

The back of my dress was closed because, I don't know, I'm not a Fae. Also, I designed it myself, so why would I leave the back open? Holes like that make no sense.

Kitri was nowhere to be seen for a while, and Flo told me we wouldn't see him until the banquet.

"Why?"