Chapter 107: Life of the Party

It started off like a normal day, waking up then. Little did I know, something very scarring would happen to me, not physically, but mentally...

     "Hm...it's not time to wake up yet..." So why is it so bright?

     "Get up, Firea-Madeline," Clover Brook sighed. "Daylight's wasting."

     "Brook?" What the heck?

     "Good job in taking down Keir, I thought you might take a long time with that one. I'm not surprised Angelina left so easily, seeing how she gets herself into a jealous fit before stalking off. All in all, I won't call you for a while since you have lots of problems to solve, now that you've gone and done exactly what I told you not to, absorbing a god's...never mind," I didn't hear what she was saying, being too groggy in waking up. "All the gods you'll have to fight after the thirties will leave you in the dust as you currently are, so I suggest you train a lot over these years. A lot."

     "Huh?" The sun was shining down like someone decided to mask it in glitter. And the floor, was it always this soft?

     Ah. It's a red carpet.

     Clover Brook? Oh, Paivla.

     "When did you drag me here?"

     "Just a few seconds ago. If you want to enjoy your well-deserved party, I suggest you get out soon. Quite some time has already passed," Clover's wings flapped through her throne's back like they were transparent, and she waved at me. Compared to when I first met her, the majesty was fading... "That's because I have to deal with your unorthodox ways all the time!" She countered.

     "Whoops," I shrugged and slipped out of there real fast, waking up in someone else's arms.

     Who is it this time? I wondered while stretching and yawning like a cat. I don't care, this feels nice, being lovingly held like this. Let's sleep some more.

     "Hey! Wake up, lazy bum!"

     "No, Mother, I want to sleep."

     "I'm not your mother! She is!" I feel like Mother is nearby, now that he says that...

     "Hm? Then is it Adoray? Marinette, please tell Adoray to shut up..."

     "So rude!"

     I was lifted up into the air suddenly and shaken around, given a wake up call I'd never forget.

     "I'm Kitri! Why do you say so many names other than mine...?" He sounded exasperated as I rubbed my eyes, trying to wake up. I looked through blurry eyes, but it was just too much. I couldn't stay awake, so I cast a little barrier spell and fell right back to sleep. "Seriously? You've got my hands and wings trapped in there, too."

     I ejected them, and I fell to the ground while curled up in a little ball. It didn't hurt because the barrier I was in was made of solid energy, in the shape of a perfect circle while I was held in the middle like an egg in a cushion. It rolled around and around until it came to a stop, likely wedged somewhere. Eh, don't care. It's nice and dark now. The warmth was missing a bit, but otherwise it was okay.

     Simply "okay."

     "She invents the craziest things for the stupidest instances," Kitri sighed and picked up the ball, refusing to even breathe. "Why did I ever fall to such a kid?"

     "So he admits it," Lorice's voice was fuzzy in the background. "Hmmmm Kitri? What do you have to say for yourself?"

     "I said fall 'to,' Lorice. I lost to her in a spar," was his excuse.