Chapter 129: Gods Have Lovers

Thanos: I already hated the guy.

     True to his name as a god of death, he had to keep his minions looking nice and dead. They rotted, they smelled, they everything-ed that was decaying and fleshy.

     For some reason they were winged as well.

     It felt like all of heaven was converging on me when red colored, plain bodies that looked like Kiki when I first met her, came flying out at me while breaking through the clouds to grace the land with tendrils of light. They weren't all humanoids, but also ungraceful monsters. They had horns and tails, claws and weapons. All of them were armed in some way with something that looked extremely dangerous, the tattered clothes on their backs bleached the color of a volcano's fire, their feet eternally black from walking around their master's hellish dungeon for so long.

     There were hundreds of them. It felt like Thanos's entire personal army was coming down on me...wait, it was.

     Like a funnel, even if they were all far away from me, they shot towards my flying body all of a sudden. It looked like I was being closed in on all sides, about to be done in, until I ruined my form. Instead of continuing to fly straight up like I was, I flipped so I was holding my knees with my back to the ground, stopping my momentum almost suddenly. The trail of steam I had left from flying impossibly fast through the rain died out, and I generated a widespread mana bomb in between my arms. Just when the first challenger reached me, I set it off.

     My arms flew out, spreading the mana net I'd created far into the distance. Throughout it, there were little mana bombs that would set off if anything touched it...and the saliva of a monster in the Larjulias passage with Kera. That monster's specialty was trapping its enemies and never letting go.

     The monster almost always succeeded. Why almost?

     Because when it met me, its reign of terror ended. Running around for three days as a naked human child without any racial traits in the forbidden land proved fruitful in some ways. I picked up a lot of cool stuff while wandering the ruins of the valley, since it had been so advanced. It was just my luck that as advanced as it had been, they had knives and swords and stuff too, not just guns and other fancy tech I had not the know-how or the energy to utilize. So, I raided something that looked like a museum and went hunting.

     The bombs went off suddenly, and all the challengers screamed the same scream, like their vocal cords had all been replaced with the voice of a goblin. It was a screeching one, lost in the noise of the storm picking up as all of them all of a sudden got obliterated. Their voices from that split second ceased, the purple light that had went off in a flash concluded.

     Pieces?

     My mana bombs didn't allow things like that. They always finished the job...was that too sad for the enemy?

     Well it wasn't like they had any families to go back to or anything. They'd likely been dead for hundreds, maybe even thousands of years. People stopped trying to attack the gods for fame, favor, or fortune, and instead chose to revere them a while ago. I couldn't let them contaminate the world anymore than they already had when their lives were already long over.

     All the bodies burned to ashes that even burned down further while I remained, completely fine, in the air. It had all happened so fast that I was still in the place I had stopped moving, about to drop down again. I solidified a wind that was passing by and grabbed it by my hand, getting whipped around to the side like an awesome rollercoaster as we flew for the clouds. Just below it, I let go.

     The light show that had been created when those things broke through the clouds had been closed up, but I created a singular hole with the force of my jump as I streamed above the gloom, no longer feeling the rain on my face as I stood in the light. There was a solid layer of mist at my feet, one that stretched on and on for miles upon miles, kilometers and pouriks into the distance. It was one solid line, looking unnatural for a storm since they were supposed to be turbulent. I almost didn't believe that it was a bunch of clouds calm on top.