Chapter 81: Terms and Conditions

1. The current people are the only ones in the contract, there cannot be anyone else added from this day forward.

2. The contract puts these people on equal grounds, one does not rule above the other in any way, shape, or form.

3. The Church cannot interfere in the contract, nor any other outside party.

4. The goal of the contract is the well-being and uprise of Bytriste. The time period is undetermined, it lasts as long as there is work to be done.

     I put an edit directly there since that last phrase was a little misleading. It became: "...it lasts as long as the Church hinders the growth of Bytriste and third parties such as Fonçe influence the benefit of the country."

     "So do I have to go and destroy the cult or something?" I put that in there myself, why am I asking?

     "...is it possible?" His eyes narrowed as he fished for another thing to add to the contract.

     "I see you with a little too many Christmas presents already, buster. Ya ain't gettin' no more."

     "I didn't understand a single word of that sentence," he frowned, looking like he saw the future of our partnership already.

     "You aren't meant to."

5. The king protects the knight in official circumstances, the knight protects the king in turmoil.

6. All people are put first in all circumstances.

     "Even murderers, child molesters, and Church members?"

     "Obviously not. People like that we're trying to get rid of in the process of putting this country back on steady ground. Also, you think that lowly of the Church to line them up with such atrocities?"

     "Please, don't tell me you're one of those goody two-shoes that believe in the Church."

     "I don't know what a 'goody two-shoes' is, but I do not believe in the Church. They hide their activity so well that you only know they are fowl because of their behavior. They basically control this world, anyway. This kingdom is not an exception to their influence."

It's actually the very center of it. The main Church is here after all, with all of their most powerful people.

     "There's a lot for you to learn, then."

7. All Demonic beings in or around Bytriste shall be removed. Any Demon activity by the hands of anyone in Leonera shall be reported and promptly dealt with, by Knight or the king's legions. In the end, not a single Demon, physical remnants or active self, should remain.

     There was a lot more, but even just this is a major upheaval of the way things are run here.

     "The Church cannot interefere," huh? I've been waiting to hear that for a very long time now, that third compromise.

     "...the knight protects the king in turmoil," is he trying to get a bodyguard or something? Also, the first part of number 5, what official circumstances must that refer to?

     Number two...you know, this is how a lot of companies and countries break down. There needs to be a hierarchy, or it gets confusing and can't sustain itself any longer. There's a reason a king even exists. You, my king, contradict your very existence by instating such a rule.

     Um...that number seven there.

     "Do you think I'm invincible or something?"

     Slight surprise. "You've done the impossible up until now, taking major Demons out one after the other."