Chapter 8: Begin! "My Love!"

Now, when they kept on saying "Lilly's daughter" this and "Lilly's daughter" that, I thought it was just some other maid's daughter that Thérèse would take care of sometimes because she needed help or something. In our mansion.

     The first thing that set me off to think that, "She's not a maid's daughter," was the fact that they said this woman called Lilly was coming home from the capital.

     What business does a maid have in the capital? Unless she was going for her master, none.

     And of course I forgot that a maid has a master to go to the capital for and assumed immediately that the woman was not a maid.

     The second thing that set me off was the fact that they said we would be going to "Lilly's mansion" while we were in the parlor. Now, I'm not sure if they called it her mansion directly, but I got the context clue that the mansion belonged to her. Through the process of elimination, I realized that this Lilly person must be a Lady. Of a house. As in, a noble.

     When I woke up while making these conclusions quite dazedly in a dream, we were already on a carriage in foliage that looked nothing like what surrounded our house. Now, I may not have left our house very often, but being on the top floor and being guided through the whole thing every few days by Mother helped to establish the surroundings as I looked out with a Deviant's cheat vision. It scared me after I realized I could clearly see a bug on a tree five hundred meters passed the gates from our bedroom one morning. If I focused really hard, I could see really far. If I didn't focus, my vision was completely normal.

     I decided to test that same theory out on my other senses. Touch, taste, sight, and smell were awesome. The only bad one was hearing, which spiked all of a sudden and caused me to faint on the spot from the sudden major increase of volume. Especially with Mother and her excitement around, I decided to only use that one after training in a very quiet place to get it under control.

     So when we reached the top of a tall hill and looked out of the window, I recognized that we had probably been traveling for about forty miles max. There wasn't a single hill in sight of the house I knew, no matter how big or small, so we must have been a very decent distance away.

     I positively flipped...inside my head that is, after making sure my barriers were up.

     You don't just fall asleep for forty flipping miles and not wake up for a single bump! The whole atmosphere of the forest has changed!

     We crested the hill and went downwards, but I didn't feel a single thing. I pulled back from Thérèse's shoulder and tried to look around while yawning, and she commented while looking at me dazedly, "So you're finally awake Little Fir? It took you quite a while to wake up," she yawned uncharacteristically. Maids never showed weakness, no matter how old they were. Just because your age is different from the one you changed it to doesn't mean you get to act like the old woman you are when no one who can say something is looking.

     Grrrr, I wish I could talk!

     "I guess babies can sleep for however long they like when they want to, huh?" She said while turning to look at the sunset. There were only six hours left in the day and one hour of sunlight. Thérèse looked further out while pushing the curtains in the empty carriage to the side and said, "Looks like we're almost there. Only a few miles left and we can rest in proper beds, Fir! Imagine that! It feels like years have passed since I last laid down, even thought it was only nine hours. All of a sudden I just felt so tired that I couldn't resist and fell asleep for a bit, sorry."

     How the heck could I, only a half baby, sleep for nine hours after sleeping eleven hours an hour before that? Sleeping magic must be involved here. No doubt about it. Especially with her previous comment about not being able to resist, unless she was just lazy.