Chapter 24 - Keefe

"This just got real." I said, "Like realer than when they got their registry pendants cut off." How am I going to survive without Sophie? And Fitz? Bangs Boy and Linh, I don't know them as well, but they're still important.

"I know. I'll miss them." Biana said.

"Don't worry they'll be fine. Sophie's so strong." Dex wrapped his arms around her. I wish I could do that to Foster. She's so perfect, it hurts, knowing she'll choose Fitz. He really is Wonderboy. Dex and Biana are having a quiet conversation. I can't take it. I need to say something.

"Ugh. Stop be all lovey dovey!" I shouted, while making gagging sounds. Biana turned bright red, before she vanished, and Dex looked really red. "Hey! Forklenator! So the gang'll come back. Then what?"

"Well, you'll take on one or two of them and teach them how to be an elf. It might be helpful to tell them not to bring bottled light from unmapped stars to Foxfire, as well as proper starlight bottling procedures. As well as just how to be an elf." Mr. Forkle said. I winced, remembering all the mishaps Foster's struggled with. I wish Foster would quit the near deaths.

"I want Dally! And Two-Bit! I'll take on two. We will come up with the best pranks EVER! I can start dreaming about all of the different pr-" I started to say.

"No. I was hoping to assign you based on your abilities. That way you can teach them a little background information on the abilities." Mr. Forkle interrupted.

"My plan sounds way better, but Foster can decide. She's the moonlark after all." I replied. Maybe, Foster will take pity on me, and let me have those two. They actually sound like fun.

"Miss Foster has been notified of the plan, and she agreed." Mr. Forkle countered. Come on! Seriously. Foster, You had to do that? "However, if you would like, you could take on four of them. The two Empaths, plus the two you really want to meet."

"Yes! I'll do that. Imagine the pranks five elves can do. Especially when they have me." I shouted. I can't wait to start planning. That's three Empaths, a Conjurer, and a Vanisher and Conjurer."

"Keefe, that doesn't sound smart, but then again, you're not exactly known for your brains." Biana said.

"More like your pranks." Dex muttered. Ouch. That hurt. I'm the only one who skipped a level.

"Dex, you okay?" Biana asked, "You were pretty deep in thought."

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just worried about them. Even Wonderboy." Dex replied.

"Some things never change." Biana whispered.

"Like the Hair." I interjected, "If Tam ever insults the Hair again, he better be prepared for major pranking." My hair is perfect. He doesn't know how much time I spend on it.

"There will not be any pranking at all." Mr. Forkle stated, "We should try to prepare for the new elves."

"The Hair, must never be insulted. Ever." I said, "That is the first ground rule of living with these elves. This is one of those rules that cannot be broken, even if I do like to break rules." I want to meet them, but I don't want them to hurt the Hair's feelings.

"Keefe, we have to prepare." Dex said, "Let's go."

"I'll go with you." Biana said.

"We have to rig my dad's store, so the stuffy nobles, like your dad, will be pranked." Dex said. I hate my parents. Nothing I do is ever good enough for them.

"Yes! Pranks!" I shouted. I know what my dad always gets, so I can prank those.

"I must go." Mr. Forkle said. He held up a many faceted crystal and glittered away.