Chapter 36 - Sophie

"Hey!" Soda shouted, "Pick on someone who ya actually have a reason to hate!" He swung at the first Soc's jaw. I heard a scream, as I ran towards them.

"Get back to your own territory!" Dallas shouted, as the rest of the gang, except for Johnny, and Tess came running over. Fitz, and Tam were with us, but Linh wasn't. She couldn't take the fighting, so she said she'd bring the remedies. The Socs tucked tail and ran, after they saw us coming.

"Serves them right, jumping someone before a rumble." Steve muttered.

"Zara, ya can't die." whispered a girl. She was cradling another girl's head in her lap. Two other girls were kneeling beside her. "We need you."

"Tara, you can do it." she whispered. There was blood seeping out of a gash on her side, but I was pretty sure the Panakes blossoms would help. I pulled out the couple I always kept with me.

"Hey, you won't die if you eat these." I said, as I pressed the petals into the girl's wounds. "Come on, eat these." Linh was running up with more of the Panakes petals. She gently pressed them into the girl's mouth.

"Tara, is she going to be okay?" asked one of the other two girls. She looked about twelve. She was too young for this. Everyone here is too young for this.

"She will." Sophie interrupted. She turned to Fitz. "We need to get her to the house. You and Tam can work together to get her there."

I don't know if the Panakes blossoms work on humans. I transmitted to Fitz. Will they do more harm than good? Use your telekinesis to lift her.

I don't know, but I saw the shadows doing some unnatural things. Yeah, I can lift her with telekinesis. he replied.

Tam, were you manipulating the shadows? And can you work with Fitz, and use telekinesis to lift her? I asked.

No, I think it was one of them. And yes, I can. he shadow whispered.

"Why not one of us?" Dally asked, offended. "We're stronger than them, if ya need two of them to lift her." He flexed his arm, making his arm muscles bulge.

"Because, they can make it smoother." I said, in a clipped tone.

"Better quit now, before she rages on you." Soda warned, keeping his voice quiet, so I didn't hear.

"We so needed to listen to Keefe's plan." I muttered.

"Which plan?" Fitz asked, "If I remember correctly, most of his plans were rather dangerous. And reckless. And ended up with people dying, or captured." Ravagog did not end well.

"Oh, right. It was after you were impaled. If Physic's treatment didn't work, we were going to raid the Lost Cities, kidnap Elwin, and bring him back to heal you." I smiled slightly. "I should've listened to his plan, so we could put it in action now."

"Darry's pretty good. I think he can stitch her up." Pony said, "Dally's been stitched up from worse than that."

"We need to get to the house." I said, "Come on, you two. Do your part." Tam and Fitz lifted her with telekinesis.

"Whoa." Steve said.

"What's happening?" asked the girl who had been cradling Zara's head in her lap. I think her name was Tara.

"Listen, I'll answer your questions, but was she the one manipulating the shadows?" I asked.

"Why should I trust you?" she shot back.

"Because." I said, before nodding at Tam, telling him to manipulate the shadows. The shadows swirled obscuring him from view for a couple seconds, before thinning. "She's not the only one."