Chapter 68 - Tam

We were sitting, watching TV. Personally, I don't really get the point of it. Why watch it, when you could do it yourself? I want to be a part of the action, not watch it from the sidelines. But, that's just me. I'm a Shade being shady.

"Steve! I'm bored!" Two-Bit whisper-yelled, "I'm so bored!"

"Man, we're watching your favorite show!" Steve glared at Two-Bit, who started running around the room. He knocked over the coffee table, but I kept it from tipping, and crashing. Then, he crashed into the shelf with Darry's trophy.

"Not again!" I shouted. Sophie and Fitz caught it with telekinesis, and lifted it back onto it's shelf.

"There." Sophie said.

"See, skills over abilities." I smirked.

"Okay, we get it." Linh said, "I'm going to bed."

"Fine."

Eventually, we all got to bed. Well, we were lying on blankets on the floor. Sleep came quickly, and once I was out, I was out.

"Tam." Linh was poking me. "Tam. Tammy. Tammy!" She hissed, "Tam Song, get your butt up right now!"

"Huh?" I asked, still tired. I rolled, so I was facing her.

"Get up!"

"No thanks." I mumbled, rolling back.

"That was an order." Linh said, "I can do this the easy way, or I can do this the hard way."

"I'm sleeping." I muttered.

"Fine." The next thing I knew, I was soaking wet. "What?"

"See?"

"Why?"

"You wouldn't get up."

"Linh, I think Pony's awake. Come on, let's go give him these." Sophie held up a bunch of flasks.

They went into his room, and I heard him complaining. Darry entered with a steaming bowl of soup.

I heard Pony shouting, before Linh poked her head out the door. "Abilities over skills." she called.

"Humph. Skills over abilities. But abilities are cool." I flicked my wrist, and let the shadows inside Pony's room swirl and grow. "I'm just a Shade being shady."

"Tam! Stop that." Linh shouted.

"Fine." I wasn't in the mood to get soaked, so I let the shadows return to their natural placements.

"Hurry up, and eat! I wanna play Truth or Dare!" Tess shouted.

I heard Pony mumbling, and they filed out of his room.

"Sit here." Linh whispered, pulling me down, in between her, and the couch Dallas was on. The gang sat down, in a lopsided circle.

"I'll go first." Tess smirked. "Darry. Truth or Dare?"

"Your Dares are way wild. Truth." Darry said. He looked like he didn't really want to be here, but put up with it because of Tess.

"Who's your favorite sibling?" Tess asked. Ooh, get to the hard stuff right away.

"It's a tie." Darry said. I know you're hiding something.

"Not an answer. Now, answer the question." Tess glared at him. I saw the intense concentration on her face.

"I guess, you." Darry shrugged. "I don't have to worry about you getting your work done. Now, these two." He pointed at Pony and Soda. "They don't have your focus."