Chapter 61 - Maria

"I'm gonna go home, make sure someone's there, if he calls, or if the fuzz call." Darry said.

"Steve, and Zara." Two said.

"They don't count, they're injured." Darry said.

"Lara, Tara, and Cara." I added.

"I'd feel better if I was there." With that, Darry strode out of the room.

"There's some in here." Linh answered.

"Some what?" Pony asked.

"Headache remedy." Sophie said shortly.

Sophie and Fitz stare into each other's eyes, and I have the feeling they're doing the secret telepathic conversation thing.

"Why're y'all staring into each other's eyes like that?" Two-Bit asked, "It's creepy." He shuddered.

"He's still a little drunk, from those beers he had before the rumble." Tess said, "Oh, well, what can we do? It's part of him."

"It's fine." Fitz said, "Don't worry."

"It's the least of our worries." Sophie said, "His mind, it's breaking faster than Alden's did."

"We should get him home." Tess whispered, "So when he wakes up, it'll be in a place where he feels safe. Not here."

"You're right." Sophie said, "Teleporting would be the best, with no car, but I can't take everyone."

"We can channel." Fitz said, "It'll be fine. Take them." He gestured to the gang that was standing around. "Have Tess, Alyssa, Evelyn, and Pony carry Johnny. They're strong, it'll be fine. He's not catatonic." I thought of my dad, who thrashed around, whenever the sedatives wore off.

"Okay. Stay safe, don't get jumped." Sophie said, before leading the gang away. "To the bridge!" she said, mock cheerfulness dripping from her voice.

 We all head to the bridge.

"Grab onto each other's hands!" Sophie shouted.

Tess, Alyssa, Pony, and Evelyn were supporting Johnny as they grabbed onto each other. We became a clump of people, all huddling together.

"On the count of three!" Sophie shouted, "One. Two. Three!" She pulled us off the bridge, and we start falling down.

"What the hell are you doing!" Two screamed.

"Teleporting!" Tess screamed, "Don't distract her!"

CRACK! 

We dropped into a black empty space. There's nothing there. Just inky darkness.

"Where are we?" I whispered.

"The void." Sophie whispered. I saw a light, and we tumbled into the Curtis' living room.

"Ow!" Steve shrieked, "My ribs! Ow!"

"Sorry!" Sophie said, as we all got up from the tangled pile of limbs. We'd landed on Steve, and he was furious.

"What the hell did you do that for! My ribs are broken! First Randy's car, now this!" Steve shrieked.

"I didn't account for you lying right in front of the TV! I thought you would be on the couch!" Sophie retorted. I saw Fitz enter, and take everything in.

Sophie's going to blow. I heard Fitz transmitting. Leave the house, but don't be obvious about it.

"Ya should've been more careful!" Steve yelled.

"Girls, let's go to the drive-in." Tess said, "Come on!" I follow Tess outside, away from Sophie and Steve.

"I thought we should get here as quickly as possible! The longer we wait, the less chance there is of-"