Chapter 80 - Tam

"You're awake." Tess' tone was soft. Two held Jenny carefully, like she was precious to him.

"Yeah, thanks for saving me." Jenny smiled.

"You're welcome. It was nothing." Tess smirked. "Those Socs were asking for a good beating."

"And they got one." Johnny said.

"Yep, we really walloped them." Soda said cheerfully.

"Well, Jenny, have you ever done something, or felt something different?" Sophie asked, "Like hearing thoughts-"

"Shadow powers." I interrupted, as the shadows swirled around the room. They started to surround Dal, but a watery hand smacked my head.

"Tam!" Linh shouted, "Stop that right now!"

"Humph." I grunted, "I was just showing her what I meant."

"Still." Linh crossed her arms. "Or water powers." She created an orb, before smashing it onto my back.

"Hey!" I shouted.

"You really thought I wouldn't do something like that?" Linh shook her head, sighing. "You really do have a thick skull." Everyone was snickering, including Dal, but when I created a shadowy hand, and grabbed him, he stopped abruptly.

"I really don't like you right now." I muttered, "I'm going for a walk."

"You shouldn't go alone." Darry said, coming down the stairs.

"Why not?" I countered.

"The Socs are really itching for a fight." Darry warned. He's worried that I'll get hurt? Seriously, he's crazy.

"I've got this." The shadows started swirling around the room. "I'll be fine."

"If you say so." Darry said, shrugging, as I walked out the door.

"Be back in ten minutes!" Tess shouted, "You don't want to be late for dinner, otherwise I'll skin ya, ya hear?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I called back. I was not in the mood to be ordered around by a thirteen year old girl.

I walked off the angry energy, and felt much more relaxed. I felt a little bad about how I treated Linh, but she was being annoying. I don't know, being here just confuses me.

"Hey, greaser!" It was a Soc. Him and three others spilled out of a blue car.

"What?" I growled, gathering the shadows.

"You part of the Curtis gang?" he asked.

"Yeah, so?" I snarled, ready to attack at will.

"The girl this morning, make sure she knows we won't stop. Not until it's over." The menacing tone would've sent chills through me, if I hadn't faced the Neverseen. I can't let them hurt Jenny. Even if she isn't an elf, which is unlikely, we still need to bring her to the Lost Cities. We can't leave her here, where her life's in danger.

"I'll make sure it ends with you." I growled, letting the shadows swell. The Socs shrank back in fear, but not enough to leave me alone. "You'd better leave me alone, or else." I let the threat hang in the silence, as the shadows continued to grow, and grow, and grow.

The leader squeaked, before turning, and leading the Socs into the car. I heard the engine rev, before the car screeched away, into the cool evening air.

"Ha, serves you right." I whispered after them. I let the shadows go, before continuing to the Curtis' house.

"Tam!" Tess shouted, "It's been twenty minutes!"