Chapter 43 - Soda

"Stop fighting

"Stop fighting." Sophie said, "When's the rumble?"

" Tomorrow night." Steve said, "Those Socs must've not gotten the word, when they jumped Zara."

"Well, we'll have to train them." Dally said, pointing at Fitz, Sophie, Linh, Tam, Evelyn, Alyssa, Tara, Lara, and Cara.

"I'm not fighting." said Evelyn and Linh at the same time.

"I'm not either." Sophie said, "The Elvin mind is too fragile to handle guilt. And harming people, unless it's self-defense."

"Well, you can stay here, but I'm getting revenge on the Socs who hurt Johnny." Alyssa declared, "The only thing Randy did for me was teach me how to fight. Even if it was to fight greasers. I'm going to use it against them." I could feel the fury rolling off of her in large waves.

"I'm fighting too." Tara said, "After all that you've done for us, even though you barely know us, I want to repay you."

"Same." Lara said.

"I'm in." Kara added.

"Can y'all fight?" Dallas asked.

"Yeah, we can fight." Tara replied.

"Well, what y'all gonna do, if you're staying behind?" Steve asked.

"We'll run the Traveling Healing Center." Sophie said, "Just as good as Elwin, unless you need stitches."

"Then you're better off at the hospital." Fitz finished.

"How did you know?" Sophie asked.

"We're Cognates. We're supposed to know." he said.

"Keefe would be merciless with his teasing." Linh said, "I'm nicer than him, so I won't tease you two."

"Thanks." Fitz said.

"The Traveling Healing Center could be set up in here." Sophie suggested.

"Sounds good." he said.

"Well, we can teach you self defense, then." I said, "I'd love to see what you can do untrained." I smirked as I nodded ever so slightly towards Dallas, daring them to try to beat him.

The four of them lunged. Steve screamed like a girl when he saw Fitz coming towards him. Steve clipped Fitz in the jaw, before Fitz hit him in the stomach. He grunted and fell backwards. He landed hard on his tailbone. Tam was racing towards me.

"I'm totally going to hurt you, Pretty Boy." Tam growled, as he aimed a punch towards my jaw. I ducked, and punched his arm, knocking him aside. The shadows started swirling, and I couldn't see Tam.

"Ha!" he shouted, before tackling me from behind, and throwing a strong punch at my stomach. I curled into a ball, trying to be the smallest possible target for him to hit.

"What the hell!" Dally shouted. I glanced over. Sophie was punching his stomach, and his jeans were soaked. Linh. "I told you not to do that!" he screamed.