Chapter 98 - Keefe

"Hey, Biana?" I asked.

"Yeah?" she called from across the spacious room.

"I want to see Glitterbutt." I said. Really, I wanted to go to the Forbidden Cities, and wait for Sophie. I miss her so much. It will be much easier to say that Silveny teleported, than I light leaped

"Keefe, we set them free." Biana said, sighing. "It's not that easy to get them to come back without Sophie's help."

"I know, but still." I said. "I miss them."

"I know you do, but there's nothing we can do." Biana said.

"Why don't you take a nap?" Dex said, "See if you dream of anyone else."

"Okay?" I said. I wasn't tired, but at least time would be passing while I slept.

"Go." Biana shooed me towards my room. I flopped onto the bed, not bothering to change.

"What is this place?" asked a girl. Her eyes were such a bright blue, I found myself lost in them. They were beautiful. She was beautiful. She looked young, but not much younger than Sophie. But definitely more innocent. She hasn't had to deal with the Neverseen, and rebels.

"This is where some of the Moonlarks go when they fall asleep." I said, "The Black Swan's genetic tweaks allowed them to dream across space. And time." I wanted to dream of one of them, just so I could find out how Sophie was doing. And Fitz, and Linh. Bangs Boy? I couldn't care less about him. He's so annoying, with all his shadow tricks.

"Time?" she asked, "How is that possible?"

"I don't know. I'll have to ask the Forklenator." I said.

"The what?"

"My name for one of the Collective. The five leaders of the Black Swan." I said, grinning. "I'm Keefe. What's your name?"

"Why should I tell you?" she asked, "How do I know you won't hurt me?"

"Because. Sophie trusts me. Fitz trusts me. Linh trusts me." I said, "Bangs Boy? We don't get along at all. It drives Sophie crazy, but that's the way it is. Bangs Boy and me have an agreement to hate each other." I shrugged, and patted the Hair. I hated how green it was, but at least I could get it to stay in the same style.

"Why do you have green hair?" she asked.

"Because. I got dared. So, now the Hair's green, until after you've been in the Lost Cities for two weeks." I said, "Then Dex will give me a serum to turn it back."

"Back to what?" she asked.

"Blond." I said. "Do you trust me enough to give me your name?"

"Cara." she whispered. "It's Cara Stowe."

"What's your ability?" I asked. "I'm an Empath."

"Same." she said shyly.

"Wow." I said. "When did you manifest? You don't look that old."

"I just manifested earlier today." she whispered, "It was kinda scary. I fainted."

"Oh, wow. I just had to sit down. How old are you?" I asked.

"Thirteen, but I'll be fourteen in a month." she said softly.

"A little younger than when I manifested." I said.

"Are you trying to brag?" she asked. "If you are, you're not very good at it."

"What?" I screeched.