1. River Phoenix

"So this is what the beach looks like in person." You looked out at the blindingly white sand and the turquoise water and the many, many people.

"I don't think I've ever seen this many people here," River commented. "We can come back when there aren't so many people."

You took his hand in yours and shook your head. "No. We're here now." With that, you took off running across the sand, dragging River with you.

You were almost 100% sure that you had kicked sand on every person you ran past, but the part of you that wanted to stop and apologize to every single one of them was overpowered by the excited part of you that had never seen the ocean before.

You waded around the salty, rocking waves. All those years of splashing around pools and lakes and neither of those even came close to the sheer amazement you felt swimming in the ocean. It felt so natural.

River knew that you had grown up landlocked, never knowing the coast, so as soon as he could, he brought you to where you wished to go most.

"Agh! Stop splashing me!" he pleaded, laughing behind his raised hands.

You laughed. "But it's so fun." You stopped, nevertheless.

River lowered his hands. "Bet I can beat you to the shore," he claimed before diving under and paddled.

You scoffed before taking off behind him. "Cheater!" Of course, he reached shore before you.

The water made your hair feel gross and your skin sticky, but as you stretched out under the setting sun, you knew it was totally worth it.

"I love this!" You gestured around you. The water, the sand, all of it.

River watched you take in every detail of the scenery. "I love you."

You whipped you head to face him. "You do?"

"Of course I do," he answered, like his words were plain as day.

You smiled. "I love you too." You laid back on your beach towel. "Thank you," you continued, "for today. It really meant a lot."

He leaned down and kissed you. "Anything for you."

First imagine for this book! I know it's short, but I hope y'all like it! Thank you to anyone that has read my other imagines and wanted to read more of my work and thank you to anyone that hasn't. It means a lot that you're here now. M'kay.

~Mariah