32. Molly Ringwald

*Y/N/N- your nickname

"Gaahhh," you groaned, dropping your face into your pile of notes and worksheets.

"What's wrong?" Molly's voice came from the floor.

"I keep getting the wrong answer," you frustratedly answered. "And I've checked the notes 5 times and redone it 6."

You had exams that week, and you and Molly were studying at your house. You had taken over the desk with your many math resources, while Molly spread out her materials all around her on the floor. She didn't like to flip through so many papers, and you liked your papers close by. You two more or less ignored each other but still considered it "studying together."

She sighed, getting up and, carefully stepping over her array of notes, standing behind you. She looked over your shoulder at the problem you were working on. "Oh, you put 'plus 23.' It should be 'minus 23.'" She took your pencil and corrected your error.

You groaned agin, leaning back in the desk chair. "This is awful! I hate exams."

"You hate studying," Molly corrected you, again, with a smile. "Just think: once we're done, we won't have to worry about studying for a while."

"But then we have exams again next year," you complained.

"That's a whole year away." She sat back down in her spot, running a hand through her short, flame-colored hair. She shot you another reassuring smile. "Don't sweat it, Y/N/N."

You took a deep breath, loudly releasing it, before returning a less convincing smile. "Okay." You turned back to your work. "Hey, what number are you on?"

She took a second to check before replying with, "Number 17."

You threw your head back. "I'm on number 4. We're gonna be here a while."

Inspired by the studying I didn't (yes, did NOT) do for that stupid pre-cal competition test. Plus it's getting to be that time again. I know it was super short, but I literally wrote this in 15 minutes on the bus ride back to school. I love these more platonic imagines. I love friends. They're great. M'kay.

~Mariah