57. Wyatt Donnelly (Weird Science)

For lukeybabe68

Wyatt took a deep breath. You got this, he thought. Just walk over and be cool. He was halfway to you when he stopped. Oh yeah. I don't know how to be cool.

You made eye contact with a very nervous looking Wyatt. You were friendly enough with each other that a wave wouldn't be weird, so you opted for that. And a smile.

Your parents would be proud of the social skills you were displaying tonight.

Wyatt seemed to register the gesture enough to breath again and continue walking towards you.

"Hi, Merinda," he squeaked.

You ran a hand through your red-streaked black hair. "Hey, Wyatt. I didn't know you came to these things."

He nodded. "Yeah, yeah. Gary and I- we're quite the party animals."

"Oh, of course." You looked around a second before getting a little closer to him. "You wanna go somewhere quieter?"

"Uh, sure. Yeah."

You two found an oddly unoccupied room in the house where the music was less intense and the smell of teenagers and party were just memories of what was on the other side of the door.

"I hate this song," you mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Oh, I just said I hate this song. It's overplayed, and even before that, it was okay at best."

"It's not my favorite either," he agreed, despite distinct memories of singing along to it when it came on the radio. "Um, so I was kind of joking when I said I'm a party animal. I have no idea what I'm doing here."

You laughed, making him look nervous again. "Honestly, I never do anything at these parties. I don't even drink anything. If I do, it's a soda out of the fridge."

"Then why do you go?"

He was sitting next to you now.

You shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe in case someone like you was wandering around."

He looked down to try and hide the little smile growing. "Yeah, I guess I was lucky to run into you."

"I definitely think I'm the lucky one here," you countered.

"Thanks," he blurted. "For talking to me and stuff."

"Don't mention it. I like you." Your eyes widened. "I mean-"

"Wait, you do?"

"Maybe... why?"

He took a deep breath before diving in. His lips caught yours in a rushed peck before he sat up, wide eyed and breathing erratically.

"Oh my God," he muttered. "Oh my- I'm sorry."

You shook your head. "No! No. You're- that was- I liked it."

Wyatt visibly relaxed, his brown eyes softening. "You did?"

"Yeah."

"Cool."

"You.. I don' know.. you wanna do it again?"

He looked surprised again. "Do you?"

"Only if you want to."

He nodded his head quickly, and you pulled him back to you, smashing your lips together.

The next time there was a party, let's just say you two didn't waste time going anywhere else to be together.

Idek what that ending was. I hope you liked the rest of it tho. Thank you for requesting!! I always appreciate it. M'kay.

~Mariah