46. Gordie Lachance (Stand By Me)

For ToomuchCia

"Please! I trust them. It's just a sleepover with my best friends. If it was anyone else, you would let me. Pleeease." You clasped your hands in pleading.

Your parents looked at each other. "We'll think about it."

The next day when you came skipping down the sidewalk, overnight bag in tow, Teddy high-fived you.

"Hey, you got them to say yes!" he noted, remembering the last last time the boys had encountered your parents.

You flipped your dark chocolate hair off your shoulder. "Of course I did." The humidity of the summer air had your hair in a frizz, but nothing a ponytail couldn't fix.

"There's Gordie. Hey, Gordo!" Teddy waved emphatically at the brown eyed boy crossing the street.

Gordie smiled and waved back. "Hey, guys" He fell into step with the two of you. He turned to you. "Allycia, I see you convinced your parents to let you stay."

You threw him a proud grin. "Why are you guys so surprised? I can be very convincing."

"After last time, you'd have to be," Gordie laughed.

The joke was that you had once broken your leg on an outing with the guys, and your parents weren't too fond of them afterwards. Not only that, but as you all were getting older, your parents were extra cautious about you being friends with a group of boys. You often had to cut your hangouts short to keep the guys on your parents' good side.
__________

"Um, so how are we gonna change clothes?" Vern asked as the sun went down. "I mean, since Allycia is here."

You looked around and grabbed a couple sheets. "We can hang these, and I can change on one side, and you guys can change on the other."

"Good idea," Gordie agreed and began helping you hang up the sheets to form a barrier.

As you all changed into your pajamas, the boys quietly teased Gordie, knowing of his crush on you.

"Just think Gordo, she's basically getting changed right in front of you," Teddy barely whispered, making Gordie turn crimson.

"Shut up," Gordie muttered. He finished changing while trying to ignore the comments of his friends.

From the other side of the sheet, you asked, "You all done yet? You guys take longer to get ready than any woman."

"Yeah, we're good," Chris answered, pulling one of the sheets down.

You nodded and eached to pull the other one down just as Gordie reached for it. In cliché adolescent fashion, your hands touched.

"Oh, I can get it.. if you want," Gordie offered, hoping he wasn't blushing again.

Vern giggled as he noticed the interaction and nudged Chris.

You pushed up your dark-rimmed glasses and nodded. "Sure. Go for it."

He pulled it down and rolled it up, throwing it back where it had been. "Allycia," you turned to look at him, and his mind blanked for second, "uh.. nice pajamas."

You looked down at your plaid pajama pants and old t-shirt. "Thanks, Gordie. Hey, we almost match!" You pointed to his pajama pants, which were also plaid, though a different color.

Teddy outright laughed. "Aw, Gordie. What about my pj's?" You all laughed, leaving Gordie flustered.

You noticed Gordie didn't really laugh and nudged him. "I appreciated the compliment."