23. Dallas Winston (The Outsiders)

For corhaim

"I don't what you want me to say!" you burst.

"Isabelle, we just want what's best for you," your mother pressed.

You shook your head, confused and exasperated. "What do you mean 'what's best for me'? I don't see how making me unhappy is best for me."

"There are very few chances for you to get out of this side of town, Isabelle, and hanging out with those- those hoods isn't going to help you," you father reasoned, standing at your mother's side.

"They're my friends! You can't just tell me that I can't hang out with the only people I enjoy being around." After making your point, you turned and left the house.

Your parents didn't even bother to call you back.

You knew that if you were going to find Dally, he would be in one of a few places. You hoped to blow off steam by the time you found him, but you were still fuming when you found him at Buck's place, half asleep and half dressed.

You were still so angry that you hardly noticed his bare chest so close to you as he let you vent in the room.

"I just can't believe they don't want be to be around you guys! The gang! They never had a problem with it until recently." You dropped down on his bed, groaning. "I can't just not hang out with you- you guys."

You tried not to let your near slip show. You had gone quite a while without exposing your crush on Dallas, and you hoped it wouldn't show itself now.

Dally sat down next to you. "I don't know, Isabelle. We're kind of a rough gang."

You rolled your eyes. "Please. It's not like yous are getting in rumbles all the time."

"Hey, I get in a fight or two," he argued.

You snorted, pushing back your blonde hair. "Dally, are you trying to make yourself out to be bad?"

"Well, ain't I?"

You both laughed, knowing that, despite your jokes, he wasn't wrong. Dallas had a deeper mean streak than the other guys in the gang. Not that it had ever mattered to you, but you could see your parents' problem, and that worried you.

"I can't let my parents decide I can't be around you."

"Just me?"

In your worry, you hadn't even tried to cover the true meaning of your words. "Especially you."

And wouldn't you know it, you shocked Dallas Winston.

He sat, dumbfounded, for a good 10 seconds.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that," you murmured. You quickly got up and straightened out your collared shirt. "I'll just-"

"You like me?" he asked, finally registering your words.

Looking down at your nervously shifting white Keds, you whispered, "Yeah." There was no hiding it anymore.

"You- wow- really? I had no idea."

You finally looked at him. "That's what shocked you?"

He scoffed, smiling. "Well, yeah. I never thought you'd have feelings for me too."

"Too?"

He rose from the bed, in front of you. Instead of answering you verbally, he answered you physically. His lips crashed against yours, and it was everything you had ever imagined about a kiss with him. Everything.

*wink wink*

I hope you liked it! I'm a piece of crap; I wrote most of this two days ago and was almost done and only just finished it. Thank you for requesting (as usual). Love y'all. M'kay.

~Mariah