52. Ponyboy Curtis (The Outsiders)

For greaseisgxld

Unspoken feelings, unspoken love, between two friends is quite the tragic tale. As most stories of this sort go, everyone else around you could see it, while you and Ponyboy remained clueless of the others affections.

Clutching his books a little closer, Ponyboy found you in the hall, joining you with a smile on his face. "Hey, Reagan. Wanna come over to the house after school?"

You didn't notice the difference in his posture when he stood next to you.

"Yeah, sure," you answered happily. "I'll meet you at the entrance after the bell."

He didn't see the immediate twinkle in your eyes when he asked.

You went your separate ways to class and waited restlessly for that last bell of the day.

You quickly spotted Ponyboy as the crowds of students flowed out the doors. You waved at him, and, upon seeing you, he weaved his way towards you, and you both walked out into the afternoon heat.

"Gosh, I'm tired already," Pony panted after walking down the street a little ways. He wiped sweat from his forehead.

You nodded in agreement. "You got that right. I might just collapse when we get to your place."

"You're more than welcome to take over the couch. The gang is always over at some point, so you might have to fight Steve or Two-bit for it."

Then a voice and fast, heavy footfalls came from behind. "Hey, lovebirds! Wait up!"

You both halted, turning to see Two-bit running after you.

He stopped and took a couple breaths before walking with you. "Aww! Look at you two sweethearts. Pony, you walking your girl home?"

"Aw, shut up, Two. You know we're just friends," Pony mumbled.

You shook your head at the rusty-haired boy. "Keith, do you just enjoy pestering kids younger than you?"

"It's Two-bit," he corrected you.

"Oh well."

When you guys made it to Pony's house, you threw your back pack off by the door and stretched out on the couch. "Claimed it!" You rolled over, and soon enough, you were sound asleep.

When you began to drift back into consciousness, the voices speaking in hushed tones slowly began to process into words and sentences.

"Be honest, Ponyboy," one voice said, "You're sweet on Reagan, aren't you?"

You heard Ponyboy sigh. "Yeah. Now leave me alone."

"Man, you should probably tell her before someone else comes and snatches her up," someone else- maybe Steve?- said.

"Nobody's snatching her up," Ponyboy snapped. "She can very well take care of herself. Why else would I bring her around you no-good-"

He was cut off by what you could only guess was one of the other guys jumping on him. At least, that's what it sounded like.

You figured with all the noise, now was as good a time as any to peek. You opened your eyes to see Ponyboy and Steve rolling around on the floor in front of you with Sodapop trying to pry them apart. Slowly sitting up, you stared at the scene in confusion. You coughed.

The guys stopped hooting and hollering and looked at you. Pony took the moment to shove Steve off of him and jump to his feet.

"Great, y'all woke her up," Pony mumbled.

You smirked, finger-combing your blonde hair. "Geez, Pony, am I that unpleasant to be around?" You already knew his answer.

He plopped himself next to you on the couch and gave you an amused look. "Yeah, I didn't want to tell you as to not hurt your feelings."

You cocked an eyebrow, earning an approving chuckle from Two-bit. "What makes you think I have feelings?"

"You almost cried when I wasn't at school the other day," he countered.

You rolled your eyes. "Aw, I guess you're right." Before you could talk yourself out of it, you quickly pecked his cheek. "You've made me soft."

Pony was clearly caught off guard by your kiss. "I- uh.. you jus- uhh..."

"You're right: I can very well take care of myself, and I guess I'm kind of sweet on you too, Ponyboy."

And everyone else in the room could not have been happier to finally see you two together.

It's been an actual century since I touched this fricking book. Guess who's been lowkey avoiding this app. Besides everyone else that is hella annoyed by the new notification update, me. It's me. I've been rlly stressed and crap, but hopefully I'll remember that I actually enjoy writing (no thanks to Honors English IV).
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this imagine. Thank you for requesting and being oh so very patient with my inconsistent ass. M'kay.

~Mariah