34. Joey Tribbiani (F•R•I•E•N•D•S)

For corhaim

You took a deep breath. You had already drawn Monica's attention, so you had to follow through.

"Isabelle, what is it?"

You couldn't keep the smile from your face. "I like Joey."

Her eyes widened, and her mouth was agape. "Oh my goodness! Really?"

"Shhh!" You flew to her, trying to make her quiet. "Please."

"Who can I tell?" she asked, composing herself.

"Rachel and Phoebe," you answered slowly. "But that's it." You added the last part knowing it was a lost cause.

Just two phone calls and half an hour later, your other two best friends were at the kitchen table of Monica's apartment.

"Okay, okay, guys, how is this gonna go?" Rachel asked frantically. "What are we going to do?"

"Ooh!" Phoebe burst. "How about we ask Joey who he likes?"

You were skeptical of that particular plan. "I don't know, Phoeb."

"Fine. Does anyone else have a better idea?" Phoebe huffed indignantly.

Monica clapped, and you all could practically see the light bulb turn on. "I know! You spend more alone time with him. That way, he can see that you like him."

Rachel, also looking excited by this idea, added, "Take him shopping with you, and have him see you in a ton of different outfits, and you guys talk and laugh. It always works in the movies."

You looked around at your friends. "You guys really think this will work?"

"Well, we can hope," Monica replied.
__________

"Hey, Joey, will you go shopping with me?" you casually asked, glancing at the girls, who were giving you encouraging looks. "I mean, normally, I would ask Rachel, but she's busy."

"Yeah, I'm all booked!" Rachel laughed overenthusiasticly.

Joey wore his usual look of confusion. "What about Monica?"

"Oh, I'm busy, too," Monica interjected, wiping down the counters.

This time Chandler appeared confused. "I thought you were just cleaning?"

Monica tightened her lips and kicked Chandler. "And I will be very busy doing that, Chandler." She not-so-discreetly jerked her head in your and Joey's direction.

"Oh," Joey said. "What about Phoebe?"

"She doesn't like shopping with me, and you're my next best friend," you answered. "I'll buy you food."

"Alright, let's go shopping!"

You smiled, hoping the plan would work. "Great! Thanks, Joe." You got up to get your purse.

As Joey was getting his jacket, Chandler turned to Monica. "What is going on?" he whisper yelled.

Monica sighed. "Isabelle likes Joey, and we're trying to get them together."

"Isabelle likes Joey?" Ross hissed behind Monica, making her jump.

"Jeez, Ross. Eavesdrop much?" Monica breathed. "And yes. Now hush before he hears you."

"Why can't we just tell him?" Chandler questioned. "I'm pretty sure we could avoid the whole middle school level 'get-them-together' plan if we just told him."

"Pssh," Rachel brushed his logic aside. "That never works, Chandler. Now, can you and Ross go and follow them around the mall? Just keep up with how things are going."