29. Charlie Conway (The Mighty Ducks)

For lukeybabe68

"So it's just a bunch of guys?" you asked again.

Your twin sister, Julie, chuckled. "Mostly. I mean, there's Connie, but the guys aren't too bad." She opened the door to the rink, and you both walked in. She left you to find a seat while she put on her practice gear.

You noticed, as you found a front row seat, a few of the team members were already skating around the rink.

One particular boy happened to notice you too. He found himself glancing at you as he skated laps.

By the time Julie was dressed and ready, the rest of the team was there.

You smiled at your sister as she skated towards you.

"Hey, you wanna meet the team?" she asked.

You glanced at the curious group of players on the ice. "Uh, yeah. I guess so."

She gave you a reassuring smile and turned to the team. "Guys! Come here, I want you guys to meet my sister."

They all skated over to finally meet the girl they had been wondering about. They rarely got visitors to their practices.

Julie went one by one and introduced each of the "Ducks," as the team was called. You shook hands with each one presented to you and appeared as friendly as possible.

"And last but not least, this is Charlie," Julie finished.

Charlie's cheeks grew slightly rosy as he shook you hand. "I was wondering who you were. I mean- I saw you over here- you know what, nevermind. It's nice to meet you.. uh.."

"Merinda," you answered, realizing Julie hadn't said your name. "It's nice to meet you too. All of you."

A whistle blew, and the attention of the Ducks was drawn to their coach behind them. Well, most of them turned. Charlie found it harder to look away from you, though you hadn't noticed as your attention had been called by the whistle as well.

"Ducks, let's get to practicing. We have a lot to do, guys," Coach Bombay called out.

Helmets went on, and you received a few "See you later's" as they skated away.

And then practice was a mess. Charlie, who was normally very focused and very skilled, was fumbling all over the place.

"What the heck, Conway!" Adam shouted, after Charlie missed the puck. For the third time.

Charlie, who had been looking at you, shook his head. "Sorry! I'll do better."

"You better," Coach muttered.

He tried to stop looking your way, and you were getting a kick out of everything. On one particular stolen glance your way, you both made eye contact, and you smiled at him.

He smiled back, this time skating right into Fulton, who did not look all too happy.

"Watch where you're going," he barked, glaring down at Charlie.

"Sorry." Charlie skated past him.

His teammates looked at him, shaking their heads.

"Stop staring at Merinda. If you were trying to show off, it's not working," Connie teased, earning laughs from the other kids.

Charlie's cheeks heated. "Shut up." However, he snuck another glance at you and saw that your cheeks were pink as well. He wasn't sure if it was because you had heard or if it was just from the cold rink.

By the time practice was over, you were till thinking about what Connie had said. You knew she was joking, but you kind of hoped Charlie did kind of like you.

You were waiting for Julie to finish changing when Charlie approached you. A few of the other Ducks had, but Charlie's intentions weren't just friendly.

"Hey, Merinda," he grinned, his cheeks still flushed.

"Charlie," you replied, returning a smile. "You guys are really good."

"Especially when I'm not tripping all over the place," he laughed. "I swear, I'm usually better than that."

"I believe you."

"I guess I was just... distracted." He looked down at his shoes, chewing his lip.

You lifted an eyebrow. "And what might have distracted you?"

He looked back up at you. "You."

Cliffhanger (hanging from a cliff.. sorry). I hope you liked it! Thank you so much for requesting. It's been a while since I've watched The Mighty Ducks, and I really don't know much about hockey, so this probably sucked. Oh well. M'kay.

~Mariah