10. Teddy Duchamp (Stand By Me)

For -dietmountaindew

"Hey, Linny, do you think you could help me out with this assignment?" Vern asked you.

You smiled up at your friend from your seat in the school library. "Sure thing, Verno." You looked at the paper. "Oh okay so it goes like this."

You showed him how to do the assignment, and he thanked you before going back to his table.

You went back to your own work when a hand was suddenly covering your eyes. "Teddy," you guessed. The hand went away and your boyfriend's face appeared. "Hey."

He grinned and kissed your cheek. "How's my girl?" he asked, sitting down next to you.

"Busy," you replied, continuing to do your homework.

He sighed. "Let's go do something."

"Not right now," you answered.

Vern came back to your table. "Linny, I'm having trouble with this again." He showed you what was tripping him up. "Now, do I do this first or this?"

You took your own pencil and showed him how to go about the problem. "You see? You multiply this by the reciprocal and then- yes, just like that. You got it."

Vern smiled. "Gee, thanks." He walked off again.

Teddy huffed, annoyed.

You glanced over at him, noting his clenched jaw and tense behavior. "Teddy, are you alright?"

"Yeah," he muttered. "Just fine."

You put your pencil down. "What's wrong?" He didn't answer. "Teddy?"

He sighed. "Nothing. I gotta go." He pushed the chair back and jumped up. He was out of the library before you had a chance to stop him.

You quickly got up to follow him, and luckily for you, he hadn't gotten very far. You found him with his head against the wall outside the library.

"Teddy, did I upset you in some way?"

"How come you have time for Vern's stupidity and your homework, but not for me?"

You were taken aback. You hadn't realized you had brushed Teddy off so easily. "I'm sorry, Teddy. I didn't realize I hadn't really paid you much attention."

"No, I shouldn't have gotten upset," he admitted, taking both of your hands in his.

"You were jealous of Vern?" you giggled.

He smiles slightly. "Don't remind me."

You tugged him slightly. "Come on. I really need to finish my homework, but I promise I'll kiss you every time I stop writing."

"I kind of like that idea."

I know it's pretty lame and short. I'm sorry if this isn't as good as you hoped, but I still hope you liked it. Thank you so much for requesting! M'kay.

~Mariah