4. Winona Ryder

You groaned, sitting up in your bed. "Can't it wait 'til tomorrow?"

"No. It's cleaning day!" your roommate, Winona, shouted back from outside your bedroom door. "Now, get up!"

You rolled out of bed. You made up your bed and opened your door. "I'm up. Are you happy now?"

She was bustling around the little apartment living room, picking up books and magazines. "Of course not. Go start on the kitchen or something."

You stretched, rolling your eyes. "Sure thing, Sunshine." You padded into the kitchen, pleased to see that there was little to be done.

Before even reaching for a sponge, you turned on the radio. A song you both loved came pouring out of the radio.

"Hey," you called in singsong, "you know this song, right?" You peeked out of the kitchen to see the brown-eyed girl giving you a challenging look. "Well, don't you?"

As the singer began, Winona threw her head back had belted the first verse out.

You joined in at the chorus, turning the volume up. Still singing and bouncing along to the rhythm, you grabbed the sponge and began on the dishes from the night before.

As the song ended, you both finished strong, leaving you two wondering how your neighbors weren't already banging on the door to complain.

You put the clean dishes away, and the song that came on next made you smile. Once again, you poked your head out of the kitchen before running up behind Winona and tapping her shoulder.

In your best Southern, manly voice, you addressed her. "May I have this dance, ma'am?"

She fluttered her eyelashes playfully and fanned her hand over her mouth. "Why, yes you may!"

You took hold of her and galloped across the floor.

"Watch out for the coffee table!"

"Oh, that was your foot wasn't it?"

"Is that a plastic fork?"

"No, you're supposed to twirl now!"

"Why can't I lead?"

Every comment was said with a laugh, as you were both cackling to your hearts content. That song had played at your first school dance back in junior high, and anytime it came on, you both regaled in the memories of the dreadful dances each of you experienced along with it.

You collapsed onto the couch. "Well, that was fun."

Winona, still breathing slightly heavy from stomping around, shook her head. "Oh, you're funny. We're still cleaning."

"But Winona," you whined in the annoying high-pitched voice.

"But Y/N," she mocked from the closet as she got the vacuum cleaner out. "I'm serious. We're adults now, and we have jobs. Would you want your boss coming in here and seeing how you spend your weekends trashing your own place?"

"I work at a pawn shop," you recounted. "I'm pretty sure my boss specializes in trashy things."

"Please, then," she begged. "Just clean for me."

You got up. "Fine. But only for you because you begged. Only because you begged."

"You're so difficult."

"Of course, I am," you smiled. "Why else would you live with me?"

Just a platonic imagine bc cute friendships deserve more appreciation. The dancing part was highly inspired by a scene in "Little Women." That scene was cute as heck. M'kay.

~Mariah