103: Two-Bit Mathews/Curtis Brothers (The Outsiders)

For 80smovies11

You were shaking. It wasn't cold, so you knew if anyone asked you couldn't use the weather. You hoped none of the bruises were visible. You prayed that you could slip into the house without being caught and questioned by your brothers.

Before you even made it to your street, you saw a familiar face coming your way. You wanted to duck and hide or even just walk past like you didn't see him, but Two-Bit Mathews was never one to shy away from a friend. He would take it personally if you didn't say hi.

"Y/N!" he greeted as he got closer.

You tried your best to smile, but all you wanted to do was cry.

He could see the strain and frowned. "Hey, what's wrong?" He was within arms length now and moved to put a hand on your shoulder.

You winced at his touch and wanted to deny anything. "I- Oh, Two, it was the Socs. It was a couple of the guys that you all got into it with at the drive-in."

"What did they do to you?" he fumed, his face getting red. "I swear, they'll get it ten times worse. I'll go get-"

"No, please don't tell my brothers," you begged. "I don't need them locking me up for the rest of my life just because some Socs thought it was funny to throw rocks at me."

"They-" His face hardened even more. The light-hearted, easy-going guy was long gone. "I'll take care of it."

"Two, you don't have to."

He shook his head. "Yeah, I do. I'm walking you home, and then I'm finding out who did this. Alright, kiddo?"

All you could do was nod.

When you got home, Ponyboy was the only one home.

"Was that Two-Bit outside?" he asked, looking out the door.

"Yeah, uh, he walked me home."

Pony made a face. "He doesn't... he doesn't like you does he?"

You quickly shook your head. "No. We just met up on my walk home, and he said he was headed this way anyway."

"Oh okay."

You took that as your signal to go hide in the bathroom for a while. Locking the door, you began to peel away your clothes to check for bruises. You didn't really have anything to treat them, but you wanted to know where they were.

You looked in the mirror again and cried, finally. You allowed the tears to rush out, still remembering to stay quiet.

A week passed, and you still had not told any of your brothers about your run in. You were serious about what you had said to Two-Bit. Darry wouldn't take it lightly, and he'd make sure you essentially had a bodyguard everywhere you went. Thinking about it, you knew Soda and Pony wouldn't let it go either. They'd probably insist on following you around. Everything about it just didn't sound like something you wanted.

You were surprised Two-Bit hadn't let slip about it. You weren't even sure if he'd "taken care of it," but with each day, you got more worried your brothers would find out.

When the rusty-haired boy came striding into your house one day, you gave him an anxious look, hoping he could guess what you were thinking.

He nodded.

And you went cold again.

It didn't help when Soda started talking about some Socs' car getting messed up.

"From what I heard, they think some greasers stoned it," Soda shook his head. "Can you imagine? It was a nice ride too, apparently. You guys hear anything about that?"

Two, surprisingly a master at playing dumb, only shrugged. "Yeah. I think I heard something. I'm sure whoever it was deserved it."

"Damn right they did," Steve exclaimed. "Socs deserve just about anything coming to 'em."

You glanced at Two from across the room, giving him a small smile—a thank you, in your own way. He returned a wink and grabbed a slice of cake.

I'm sorry it's so short but I rlly liked this idea. I hope you're cool w how Two-Bit centric it is. If not, I'm totally fine with re-writing to involve the Curtis boys a little more or something. Thank you for requesting again!!

Also, I'm going camping this weekend (Friday-Sunday), so I won't be able to update until Sunday night/Monday. I'm going to try and come up w some non-request stuff since I've been kinda dead on here lately. M'kay.

~Mariah