2. Todd Anderson (Dead Poet Society)

"Maybe I'll put the last couple Christmases' stationary sets to use, huh?" Todd joked.

"You better," you laughed, trying to keep your mood light. For his sake, you couldn't cry because the poor boy was fragile. "If I don't get a letter from you, I will personally march into your dorm and smack you."

He looked at you sadly. "I'm going to miss you, Y/N."

"I'm going to miss you too," you replied, pulling him into a hug. "I mean it, please write."

"I will."
__________

Y/N,

I don't know what to say. I got here this morning, so I really haven't done much. My roommate-his name is Neil- is nice. He has a nice smile. My room has a window with an okay view. Not great, but okay.
How's your school? I hope your new roommate isn't too bad. I guess that's all I have. I'll write again next week.

-Todd

You read the letter with a smile. It was the best thing you had seen that week. Unfortunately, your nosy roommate was also reading the letter with a smile.

"Is that from your boyfriend?" she inquired excitedly. "Is he cute? How do you know each other? Oh, it's so romantic that he's writing you so soon."

She was actually a fairly decent girl, just overenthusiastic.

"Not exactly. We've known each other for as long as we can remember," you answered. You blushed slightly. "And yeah, I guess he's pretty cute."
__________

Dear Todd,

You're so lucky you're surrounded by boys instead of girls. I honestly do not understand how anyone thought putting hundreds of hormonal teenage girls together was the right choice, but here we are. Really, it's not all that bad, just certain times. I won't explain that too much.
Mary likes to read romances, so she's always asking me questions about boys since she's had very limited contact with any. And she can be kind of nosy, but that sounds rude.
It's good to know the boys there aren't uptight like the boys back home. Tell Neil I said hi.
That's all for now. Miss you, Todd.

-Y/N

Todd lowered the letter to his chest after reading it. Laying on his back, he had been holding it above his face. He wished you were here, so he wouldn't have to write to you. He sighed, sitting up. He folded the letter and put it under his pillow.

Neil, just having walked into the room, cocked an eyebrow at him. "Letter to the tooth fairy?"

Todd looked up, wide-eyed. "What? Uh, no. It's from Y/N. She says hi."

Neil nodded, plopping himself down on his own bed. "You can tell her I say hi back." He smirked. "I can leave if you want to read it again, in private."

Todd's innocence showed in that moment immensely. "No, uh.. no. It's fine."
__________

Y/N,

I can't believe it's already October. I remember that one Halloween when you got so upset because your parents wouldn't let you go trick-or-treating, so you ran to my house in your costume. We ate all the candy my mom was supposed to hand out.
That was before they made you go away to school. I'm glad that was my last memory of you for a while. I'm also glad I have another "last memory" of you to last me until I see you again.
I know I tell you every time I write now, but I wish you could meet Mr. Keating. He's really great.
On a semi-related note, do you know of any good poems?
'Til next week.