9. Ace Merrill (Stand By Me)

For lightsoutalice

"Please," you pouted. "I wanna go dancing, Ace."

He took another drag of his cigarette, then threw it on the ground, smothering it with his foot. "Babe, can we do something else?"

"Pleeeasse," you begged, clasping your hands in front of your face and still pouting.

He rolled his eyes, grinning. "Fine." He lowered your hands from your face and pecked you on the lips. "We'll go dancing, but only if we can ride around afterwards."

You practically squealed. "Okay! Let's go! We can do whatever afterwards."

He laughed at your excitement, opening his car door to let you in. He hopped in and drove towards the dance club.

You immediately dragged him onto the dancefloor, feeling the infectious energy from all the dancing people around you.

It took some nudging, but Ace danced with you to your hearts content. That really meant until you were too tired to dance anymore. You had swayed to song after song, so happy Ace was right there dancing too.

"Alright, let's head out," he said when you had rested a little.

You nodded, and he placed his hand around your waist, walling with you outside.

"Thank you, Ace," you said.

"What for?"

You looked over at him. "For taking me out."

"I always take you out," he replied, still confused by your gratitude.

You shook your head. "I know you hate dancing, but you still took me. Thanks."

"I just like to keep you happy," he shrugged it off. "Besides, how else am I gonna keep you around?"

You laughed lightly. "Aw Ace, you're getting sentimental."

"Oh, hush."

You leaned in close to him, while he tried to ignore your lips at his ear as he drove. "I'll make it up to you later, okay?" You sat back in your seat thoroughly pleased with the state you left him in.

I hope you liked it! Thank you for requesting! M'kay.

~Mariah