110: Andrew Clark (The Breakfast Club)

For beepbeepbilliam  (ps. If everyone could please read my author's note at the end, I'd appreciate it.)

Graduation day had come sooner than you'd anticipated. You weren't nervous, but you weren't relaxed in the days leading up.

Andrew had told you that it really wasn't a big deal, and really, it wasn't. People graduated every year. It wasn't that bad. And yet...

Before anymore thoughts of worry could make themselves known, Andrew had slipped his hand in yours, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"You're not going to trip," he whispered into your ear before kissing your cheek. "And they're not going to suddenly tell you that you aren't graduating when you get up there. They'll hand you your diploma just like everyone else."

"What would I do without you?"

"Probably still be in detention."

"Oh shut up," you jokingly scolded him through a smile.
__________

When you took your seat in the library, Andy was surprised to see you at all. Of course, he was surprised to find himself there too.

You knew each other in passing—that happens when you go to school with someone your whole life, knowing someone without really knowing them. You had shared classes together at various stages through the years, and you had even been lab partners in chemistry freshman year.

But as everyone learned that day, it was easy to to assume you knew someone.

You kept catching him staring at you. It was about as creepy as it was cute, and you weren't exactly sure how to address it. You settled on just staring back.

Realization struck across his face as he pretended to clear his throat and shift in his seat.

"Didn't realize you were the rebel type," he offhandedly commented.

You withheld a laugh. "I'm not, really. They just got tired of me showing up to class late."

"Ah," he groaned as he pushed himself up onto a bookshelf. "And why are you late?"

"Not that it's any of your business," you made sure to preface. "My car has trouble getting started sometimes. It's old beyond belief."

He shrugged. "Why not take the bus? It's free and usually on time."

"I can't stand the bus," you huffed. "I'd rather be late."

He nodded in understanding. "Right... So how often are you in here then?"

"Not often at all," you laughed. "But judging by your question, you think it's more."

"No no no," he assured you. "I just didn't realize they put you in detention for being late."

"Yup," you popped the 'p' at the end. "Excessive tardiness."

A moment of silence filled the air between you as you realized how quiet it was in the library. There was no telling what everyone else was doing unsupervised.

"Hey, if you ever need a ride..." he trailed off, but his smile said it all.

You nodded, absentmindedly playing with your hair. "Yeah, yeah. I know who to call."

Before you could blush too much under his gaze, Claire and Allison returned to the library common area. But the Allison that left the room was not the same one that had just walked in.

A smile grew on your face seeing her out of the gloomy persona she had adopted over the years. "Wow," you breathed, glancing at Andrew. "Doesn't she look great?"

He had still been looking at you and quickly cleared his throat, pretending to understand what you were talking about. "Huh- oh. Yeah." He threw on a grin, finally tearing his eyes from you but still thinking about how cute the shy smile you had tried to hide from him was.
__________

The loudest voice in the crowd was Andy. The principal had hardly gotten to your middle name before you heard a sharp whistle followed by a distinctive "Love you babe!"

As soon as the caps hit the ground, you and Andy had somehow found each other. He was quick to kiss you in the moment before your families would begin to crowd around.

"Y/N!" you mother cried. "Congratulations, graduates!" She beamed at the two of you. "Alright, pictures! Everyone come here. I want to take pictures!"

Once you'd posed and smiled with everyone your mom managed to pull in for a photo, you began to slip away with Andy.

"Where do you two think you're going?" his mom questioned before you could get too far.

"We're going to hang out with some of our friends. We'll see you all tonight," Andy explained hurriedly before dragging you away to his car.

You both sat in silence for a moment. He hadn't started it yet.

"Not to sound corny, but I can't believe we're done with high school." He looked over at you with an expression of mixed emotions. "I love you."

It had never occurred to you that those words had never been exchanged between the two of you until he said it then. You felt it was genuine too. You could feel it in the way he was looking at you right now. "I love you too, Andy."

"Let's get out of here."

As he pulled out of the crowded parking lot, being careful not to run over anyone's family, you turned to him. "Hey."

"What's up?" He was still focusing on driving.

"Thanks for the ride." You meant this one, to graduation. And the many, many ones before that. You knew this wasn't the last one, but something about it seemed to have a finality you couldn't tell quite grasp.

Jeez it only took me half a century. Thank you so much for your patience and for entrusting your request to me.

That's it folks. The last one. I've lived and breathed this book—albeit on and off— for about 2 years, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have appreciated all of the love and support you guys have given me, and I have loved writing every request (even if I was struggling with writer's block and it felt like pulling teeth to finish). This collection of imagines are definitely some of my best writing, and I will cherish these actors, actresses, characters, and movies forever. Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

M'kay.

~Mariah