74: Sam Emerson (The Lost Boys)

Requested by 80smovies11

You seized right before gulping for air. Wheezing, you open your eyes and remind yourself where you are. But it's dark and nothing registers immediately. Your hands scan the bed around you before finding Sam.

You scoot in close to him, face to face. You were shivering, and that may be what woke him up.

He slowly blinked a few times before coming to. "Bella? What's wrong?" He sat up, but you reached out and pulled him back.

"A nightmare. I'm fine now," you whispered shakily.

He searched your face in what little light the moon casted into the bedroom. "Are you sure?"

"Mmhm," you hummed. "Please just hold me."

Sam pulled you as close as he physically could, holding your head under his chin. "Oh God... Is there anything you want? Water or tea?"

You shook your head and mumbled "no" against his nightshirt. He smelled like his soap and laundry detergent, and that was enough to ease your shaking. It was familiar and was linked to the one person in the world you needed or wanted most.

He held you like that until you fell asleep again, whispering all the things that make him happy into your ear. He was coaxing a sweet dream to reign over this next sleep, and it worked.

As you drifted back to sleep, you didn't think of the sweat on your forehead, your back, and your hands. You didn't think of those things that scared you enough to render you breathless. You didn't even think about the darkness.

You thought of the blue-eyed sweetheart that told you what makes him happiest is seeing you smile at him. You fell asleep knowing that this was the only place you ever wanted to be.

Gahh this is so short, but I hope you still like it. I completely understand if you were expecting something a little longer, and please let me know if you'd like me to make it up to you somehow. Thank you for the request! M'kay.

~Mariah