64. Wyatt Donnelly (Weird Science)

For idk??
(I do not support teen drinking, but it's part of the story.)

Lisa took another sip of her drink, while you swirled your glass around some more.

You felt a nudge in your side and looked up to see Lisa smiling at you. "Drink. You'll feel better."

Exchanging a look with Wyatt, who had still not taken a drink either, you shrugged. "Why not," you mumbled before tipping the glass up to your lips. The drink burned a little, and the warmth rushed to your face. It felt like you were blushing.

But Lisa was right. You felt a little better.

Having never drunk any more than a sip of wine from your parents' cup, you were tipsy after just a couple drinks.

Wyatt wasn't far behind you, and his often discrete admiration of you soon slipped away. He was soon openly watching you, and you took in his attention gladly.

You let your hair down, running a hand threw it. "Wyatt," you drawled. "You're really pretty."

"Woah, I was just thinking the same thing," he gushed. Giggling, he shook his head. "No. That's wrong. I think I meant that you're pretty."

You leaned in close to him, your noses just touching. "Th..thank youuu..." you drawled. You felt your eyes close. When you realized they were open again, you were staring directly into his eyes. "You're eyes..."

"Y/n... I- I don't feel so good." Suddenly more alert, he got up and ran off.

You sat up, feeling a little sick yourself. Everything and everyone around you was closing in around you. You had never been claustrophobic before, but you imagined it felt like this. "Lisa." You looked around. "Lisa?" You got up and searched the room through the gobs of people. "This woman is 6 foot, at least. It shouldn't be this hard to find her," you muttered to yourself, pushing through the crowds. Just as you were giving up, you felt a hand on your shoulder.

"Y/n? Hey, what's wrong?"

You turned around to see Lisa, looking concerned. She led you to a less populated area of the house.

"Now, what's the matter? I thought you were having fun."

"I was, and- and then Wyatt got all weird and left me there, and I don't know."

"Okay. Maybe getting you two drunk was not the best plan of action here, but you will have to go talk to him." She frowned a little, looking at your hair. She fixed it and smiled. "There you go. Now, go find him and talk to him."

She pushed you away from her into the living room.

You swam through the seas of people and finally found Wyatt upstairs. He and Gary were leaving the bathroom together, something you chose not to question.

"Hey."

He looked at you with a deer-in-the-headlights expression on his face. "Oh hey, Y/n. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to run away. I-"

You stopped him. "You're fine. I just need to tell you something."

If his eyes could get any wider, they did in that moment. He noticeably gulped. "Yeah? Wh- What is it that you want to tell me?"

The push Lisa had given you downstairs was starting to wear off. "Uh..." You looked over to see Gary intently watching the two of you. "Hey, Gare? Could we have a moment?"

Realization hit him, and he nodded. "Right, right! I'll- I'll just be... somewhere else." The blond boy rushed off.

You turned back to Wyatt. "I guess I should just get it out. I like you. Like... like like you."

His tense stance relaxed a bit, and he breathed. "Thank goodness." A smile was growing across his face. "Because I wanted to say the same thing, but I chickened out."

You smirked. "Yeah. I probably wouldn't have said anything if Lisa hadn't pushed me. Literally and figuratively."

You both laughed, and he moved closer to you.

"So... are we-?" he started.

You nodded. "I think so. Only if you..."

He grabbed your hand, interlocking your fingers. "Of course."

Uhh... let's pretend it didn't literally take me over a year to finish writing this. I'm the worst, and it's awful. If you happen to be the one who might have requested this, please please please let me know so I can tag you. Ik almost 2 years is so long, but I feel bad. M'kay.

~Mariah