41. Sodapop Curtis (The Outsiders)

For becauseicanthatswhy

"Oh, look at these weaklings arm wrestling," you teased as you walked into the Curtis house.

Sodapop and Steve were arm wrestling at the table, and it was at a stalemate.

You sat yourself at the end of the table to watch. "Oh, oh! Looks like Steve's getting the upper hand! And... Steve Randle beats out Sodapop Curtis! And the crowd goes wild!"

Ponyboy, Johnny, and Two-bit join you in whooping and hollering.

Soda rolled his eyes. "Look at Steve's arms. He was going to win anyway."

You laughed. "Ha, I could beat you, Soda."

He held out his hand to you. "Alrighty then, Kelli. Show me what you got."

You grinned, taking Steve's seat. "I'll try to take it easy on you, okay?"

"Five dollars says you lose," Soda bet.

You narrowed your eyes. "Likewise."

You both positioned your elbows and locked hands. You flashed a playful grin at him just as Steve said "Ready. Set. Go!"

The boys crowded around as you two began, arms shaking and tensed with strain. At first, Soda had started to push your hand down a half-inch, and the boys exclaimed who they figured would win and began betting amongst themselves. Then, you brought his hand back to middle ground, matching his strength.

You had both been focusing on your hands, each of you hoping to gain leverage on the other, but without much difference. You two were matched for the most part. You glanced up at Soda and made eye contact for a split second before looking back at your strained hands.

But slowly, you were able to lower his hand an inch. He tried to even it out again, but you overtook him in his surprise and quickly put the rest of your strength into slamming his hand against the table.

You jumped up excitedly. "I won! I told you!"

Despite being defeated, and owing you $5, Soda was amused by your excitement. "Maybe I let you win."

You went over to Soda, as the other boys paid their bets to each other. "Sure you did, Sodapop." You leaned down and kissed his cheek and threw your arms around him. "But you still owe me $5."

"Yeah, yeah." He pulled his wallet out of his back pocket and handed you a $5 bill. "Happy?"

"I got to play with you. Of course, I'm happy." You tousled his hair before sliding the bill into your own pocket.

Oh dear what a crap ending. I'm sorry it's taken me centuries to update and that this is so short. Thank you for requesting, and I hope you can forgive me taking forever to get it written. M'kay.

~Mariah

Ps. Ik you requested in my imagines book for the Outsiders, but I write in this one now, so yeah..