22. Jonathan Brandis

"Is this seat taken?" A familiar blond guy was suddenly sitting across from you.

"How'd you know?" you sighed.

"I saw him at the grocery store, chatting up the cashier."

You groaned quietly. "I knew this would happen." You offered him a tired smile. "Thanks for coming. You want something to eat? I'll pay."

He shook his head, swiping a fry off of your plate of cooling food. "I'll just eat yours." After he had finished the fry, he looked at you curiously. "What were you guys going to do, anyway? Or is this your usual date night?"

"That's the irony of this whole thing," you laughed dryly. "I wanted to talk to him about his bad habits. You know, like, totally ditching me."

Pulling your plate closer to himself, he frowned and bit another fry. "Were you going to break up with him?"

"I don't know." You held your head in your hands. "I really don't know."

"Then that's a no."

You looked pleadingly at your best friend. "Jonathan, what does this mean? Do I have to set up another time to dump him, or should he just understand now that we aren't together?"

He snorted, trying to keep from actually laughing. "He's not so smart as to see your side." He gestured to you, meaning the current situation. "Obviously, he is incapable of seeing things from your perspective. Or else, he'd probably be here by now." He checked his watch. "What time was he supposed to meet you here?"

"Three," you answered forlornly.

He gave you a pitying look. "You've been sitting here for 2 hours, expecting him to actually show up. Why are you such a sucker for punishment?"

"Because I enjoy having you save me from my poor choices." You grinned, finally taking a bite of your food. You scrunched your nose. "Ew, it's cold."

"Let's go, kiddo," he chuckled. "I'll get you something warmer."

You stared, concerned, at the mostly full plate of food. "I hate leaving it."

He shook his head. "Y/N, it's fine. Come on."

Inspiration struck once again. Reminder that requests are open (imagines or preferences). Though for preferences, I would ask that you request for a specific group of people (ie. Stand By Me boys/ The Breakfast Club cast/ etc.). M'kay.

~Mariah