76: Brian Johnson (The Breakfast Club)

For sadly_not_james_bond

"He's perfect!" Claire gushed.

You scrunched your nose. "Is he really? I'm pretty sure he reads at a 1st grade level."

Claire rolled her eyes. "What does that matter? He's hot, and he's popular. Not to mention, he's really a nice guy once you get to know him."

"Then why don't you date him?"

She tensed and crossed your arms. "That's not the issue at hand. You need a boyfriend. Not me."

You knew why your sister wouldn't date him. Why she wouldn't date anyone, really. There was a certain dark haired delinquent running around with her heart, and she had yet to get it back.

You sighed. "I don't need a boyfriend. Let alone some jock that I hardly know."

"Then who do you want? And don't tell me there's no one because you wouldn't be nearly so picky if there wasn't someone you had in mind."

Flashes of blond hair and braces crossed your mind. His shy smile never failed to earn one back from you.

Brian Johnson.

The boy that sat at the front of the classroom. The one that always had the right answer and was never afraid to raise his hand and let everyone know.

Your biggest problem was high school. The way it worked. The cliques. The social hierarchy. Your friends that would quite possibly shun you for being with a "nerd."

You knew Claire wasn't that way. Not anymore, but she was also your sister and would never let you do something that would jeopardize your status. It was a vanity thing, really.

You looked across the cafeteria, your eyes scanning for the familiar figure. "I've got to do something. See you later?"

Claire frowned, clearly confused. "Wait, what?"

You got up and made your way to where he was sitting. You could hear him laugh at something one of his friends said.

Brian looked up when he saw you walking towards him.

"Hey, Brian," you greeted softly, ignoring the burning feeling of eyes on you. The cafeteria seemed quieter, but maybe that was your imagination.

"Hey, Y/n. How are you?" he asked, looking a bit surprised by your presence. But not worried.

You smiled. "Pretty good."

He looked for the closest empty seat, which happened to be right across from him, where you were standing. "You wanna sit down?" He gestured to the chair.

You pulled it out and sat. "Thank you. I- uh, I kind of had something to ask you." You leaned forward a little. "In private."

He turned to his friends, who nodded and moved a couple seats down. "So... what did you want to discuss?"

You took a deep breath. "I think you're a really great guy, and I've had this crush on you for a while now, and I was wondering if maybe you'd wanna go out sometime." Your heartbeat was pulsing in your ears waiting for him to answer.

His jaw practically fell from his face. His disbelief was shared with anyone and everyone that had heard this occur. "You... like... me?"

You nodded, unable to find your words this time.

He composed himself, clearing his throat. "Yeah. I'd love to go out with you sometime."

Relief flooded over you. "Awesome! Do you have some paper and a pen?"

He reached for his book bag under the table, pulling out a little notebook and a pen. "Here."

You scribbled on the paper before sliding it back across. "Here's my number. Call me, and we can figure out a good time." You got up. "I'll see you later."

Nothing like a good middle finger to the high school social hierarchy.

Ksnskdma I love Brian. I hope you like it!! Thank you for requesting!

Also, I feel like a lot of these aren't gonna be terribly long, so I'm sorry if y'all wanted half a novel. I just feel like the longer I write one imagine, the worse the quality gets. Idk, I might end up being rlly into some of these make them longer. 🤷🏻‍♀️

M'kay.

~Mariah