26. Gordon Bombay/Adam Banks (The Mighty Ducks)

For heythere80sbaby
dad!Coach

"Gordon?"

The coach and his team stopped what they were doing to see a woman  in the stands closest to them.

"Penny?" Gordon addressed her. He glanced at the confused players. "Take 5, guys."

A few of them mumbled as they skated off to one side of the rink. They made sure to stay close enough to eavesdrop.

Gordon approached the edge of the rink where Penny was waiting.

"I hoped I would find you here. I wasn't sure if it would be a good time," she fretted.

He knit his eyebrows together questioningly. "What is it? I mean, I haven't seen you in over a decade. It can't be too bad. It's not like you're pregnant with my kid." He tried to laugh it off, but her expression stopped him. "Wait..."

"I found out a month after we split. You have a daughter, Gordon," she said, wringing her hands. "Her name is Logan, and she's an incredible kid. She knows you exist, but nothing else. If you want to see her, she's at the dance studio downtown."

With one last wistful look at the dumbfounded man, she left, nodding to the staring kids just a few yards away. After she had left, Gordon made his way to the exit.

"Coach, are going to find your daughter?" Goldberg asked as the team followed their coach.

"Yeah," he answered quickly. "You guys stay here. Or go home. Practice is over for the day."

The team still followed.

"No, Coach. We're coming too," Charlie insisted. "We wanna be there for you in case anything happens."

"Besides, what if she's hot," one of the boys whispered in the back.

A stern look from Coach Bombay shut up the snickers. "I'll let you guys come, but please, just behave. This is a big deal."

The drive to the dance studio was painfully awkward. No one knew what to say, and, not to mention, they were all basically scrunched together in the vehicle. What little they did say was guessing about what this mystery daughter could be like.

When they walked into the dance studio, they could see through a window into a practice room. There you were, dancing the routine you had been practicing for months.

Gordon immediately knew it was you. "She looks just like her mom," he commented to himself.

The team huddled around him in front of the window to see you dance. They were all thoroughly impressed, especially one Adam Banks.

When you had finished your routine, extremely proud of your execution, you noticed the group of people outside the room watching you. Frowning, you grabbed your things and hurried to the door.

"Are you Logan?" Adam blurted when you exited the room.

You stopped and turned to the group of strangers. "Yeah. Why do you ask?"

The grown man of the group took a deep breath. "I'm Gordon Bombay. Have you ever heard my name?"

You were shocked, to say the least. "I have." You swallowed the lump in your throat. "You're my dad."

He smiled. "I am." He pulled you into a brief hug. This fatherhood thing was new to him, and he didn't want to make you any more uncomfortable than you had been.

Adam sidled up next to you, smirking. "And I'm single and free this weekend. How about you?"

Gordon shook his head and tried to pull Adam away from you, though you only shyly giggled at the blond boy's attempt at flirting with you.

"Banks, watch yourself," Connie warned. "Coach'll make you do laps or something."

You joined the team in a laugh. "Sorry, Adam. I kind of have this new rule that I spend time with my dad before I go out on dates." His disappointed face prompted you to continue, whispering, "Maybe next weekend though?" You turned back to the man you now knew as your father. "So... do you want to come have dinner with Mom and me?"

"I think that sounds great," Coach Bombay replied.

The team cheered for the reunited family.

"Woo, dinner!" Goldberg hollered, earning more laughs.

"No, I'm taking you guys home," Coach said, leading to a chorus of 'boo's'.

"Let's go then... Dad." You smiled up at him, happy to be able to call him that.

I am so so sorry for how long you waited!! For some reason I missed your request. I screenshot all of my requests and somehow I looked over yours. I am so sorry, and I hope you can forgive me. I hope you liked it, and thank you so much for requesting. M'kay.

~Mariah