86: Sam Emerson (The Lost Boys)

For 80smovies11

You felt your footing falter on the steps and you knew you were screwed. Tumbling back, you landed on the floor at the bottom of the steps. You were sure there had been a crack, and the pain coursing through your foot was probably the result.

You groaned once you had caught your breath.

Before you could call him name, Sam was at the top of the steps. "Ohmygodohmygodoh-" He flew down the steps, and had you not been in so much pain, you would have wanted him that he might trip. "Are you hurt? What's wrong? Can you get up?"

You took a deep breath and slowly sat up. "I hurt, like, everywhere, but-" you looked down at your foot that was definitely not sitting right "I think I broke my ankle."

He followed your gaze and nearly hyperventilated. "Oh no."

"Hey, Sam," you called his attention back to your face. "Can you freak out a little less, please?"

He took a sharp breath and nodded. "Alright. Let me get the keys, and I'll drive you to the emergency room."

"Are you even allowed to drive?"

"Well, you sure aren't going to," he retorted.
__________

Lucy ended up driving you both, and she had called your parents while waiting in the emergency room. When it came time to leave, Sam insisted on going with you.

He seemed to be constantly present for the next few weeks.

"Sam, I have crutches. I can get stuff for myself," you assured him for the umpteenth time.

He just shook his head again. "You should rest. Until your foot is all better, I will do your running around."

Boy, did he. He got you food, drinks, books, movies, the lit goes on.

"I'm getting a little thirsty," you'd say.

And he'd jump up. "I told you that you needed to drink more water. See, now you're dehydrated!" Then he'd run to the kitchen and bring you back a glass of water. "You should probably drink plenty of milk too. Build up your bones."

You just laughed. "Maybe later."

One day, he came in just in time to see you walking through the house with your crutches.

"What are you doing?" He looked like he was about to burst a blood vessel.

"I need to get around on my own," you sighed. "Besides, how do you expect me to get stuff when you're not here?"

"Okay," he relented, calming down.

You smiled at him. "Cuddle on the couch?"

"Absolutely!"

Sam helped you lower yourself into the couch. Then, he tried to prop the crutches against the wall, but after they fell down for the 5th time, he gave up and laid them on the floor. He finally laid himself down and pulled you into his chest.

"I'm so sorry you got hurt," he whispered.

You rested a hand on his cheek. "It wasn't your fault. It wasn't like you dragged me out monster hunting, and I got hurt in a cool way or anything. I tripped."

"Yeah, but I still feel bad. It was at my house."

"Isn't it technically your grandfather's house?"

He let out an amused huff. "Whatever." He leaned forward and kissed your forehead. "How does your foot feel?"

"Right now it's fine, but I think if you cuddle me longer, it'll heal faster."

"Oh yeah?"

"Absolutely. The doctor definitely mentioned something about it."

You both laughed again and shared another sweet kiss before settling into each other's arms.

Your ankle was still broken, but it was better after a couple more weeks. Whether constant cuddling had anything to do with it or not is still up in the air.

I rlly hope you weren't expecting a dramatic scene where a monster attacked you bc this is what immediately came to mind when I saw the request. We like our Santa Carla boys getting to rest from monsters. But I hope you like it! Thank you for requesting again!

M'kay.

~Mariah