40. Corey Haim

For corhaim

"Corey?"

"Mmhm?"

"Remember the first time we held hands?"

"First grade. We were playing Red Rover, and we were on the same team. Remember our first 'I love you'?"

He knew you did. You always remembered.

"Fifth grade, at the school dance. We were making fools of ourselves on the dance floor, and you said it was okay because you loved me."

Content, nostalgic silence sat in the air for a moment.

"Isabelle?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember when we had our first kiss?"

"Of course, I do. It was 7th grade. The last day of school before summer break."

"Do you remember our last kiss?"

"Wait, what?"

His lips were attached to yours before you could voice your morbid thought.

"That should jog your memory."

You sighed in relief. "You're such a dork."

"But it's cute, right."

Gosh, his bright eyes got you every time.

You lightly kissed his cheek.

"If it wasn't, I wouldn't be here with you."

"Let's keep going."

"Do you remember what I wore to prom?"

"Your dress was baby blue. You wanted to match my eyes."

"I did."

"And your hair was in curls. You were so sparkly, and you didn't want to get it all over my tux, but I told you it didn't matter because-"

"-because you wanted to hold me as close as possible. I can't believe you remember that."

"See. What's the point in remembering anniversaries when I can remember even better things. I'd rather remember what ypu looked like 3 Tuesdays agao than what day I finally told you were my girlfriend." He played with a few strands of your dirty blonde hair.

"Oh really. How long did I not know that I was you girlfriend?" You laced your fingers with his other hand.

"Seven years."

"Since Red Rover?"

"Since before Red Rover. Not long, but definitely before."

There was that sideways smile that sent your chest into fits.

"My God, I love you, Corey."

"My God, I love you, Isabelle."

I hope you like it! Thank you for requesting! I know it's pretty short and stuff, but I hope you still like it. I'm so close to the end of school. Just one more week! Woot! M'kay.

~Mariah