28. Stan Uris (It 1990)

You groaned. "I got my shoes wet. My mom's gonna kill me." You sat down on a rock and began pulling off your shoes and socks.

Stan softly hushed you, focusing his binoculars on a distant tree. He lowered them again, sighing. "Nevermind. It flew away."

"What was it?" You set your shoes to the side and got up to stand next to him.

"Cardinal," he answered boredly. "But I see those all the time."

"I wish I was a bird."

"Why?" He faced you, his expression one of curiosity.

You smiled. "I want to be able to fly, Stan. It would be amazing. I could go anywhere. Get away from Derry without a single thought about it."

"Actually, birds have a fairly strict migratory cycle."

The look you gave him told him that he should probably stop.

"Speaking of seeing things," he began, looking out into the trees again. You noticed then that his breathing was off steady. "Have you...." He turned to you seriously. "You're going to think I'm absolutely crazy, and I have very little logic or reasoning to back this up, but I- and the other guys and Beverly- we keep seeing things."

"Scary things?" you finished. The lightheartedness of before was gone now. You squeezed your eyes shut, trying to block the memories, though failing. "I saw something." You took a deep breath.

"You don't have to tell me what it was," he quietly assured you.

You looked over at him, only then realizing you had been holding hands. "Thanks, Stan. I know that if you saw something, it had to be bad."

He noticed your interlocked hands an, with an awkward cough, let go of yours. His instantly raised to the hanging binoculars on his chest. Peering through them, he smiled a little. "Finch."

A smile spread across your own face as you watched him. You leaned forward and pressed your lips to his pink cheek. "Can I see?"

Flustered, he pulled the binocular strap off from around his neck and handed them to you. "Here. I think I saw a woodpecker in one of those trees over there." He pointed in the general direction he was referring to.

You put the binoculars to your eyes, feeling much better about what was to come.

Kinda short but oh well. I personally thought the original Stan was cute too, but I honestly imagined both of them for this imagine. It's not gonna affect me who you imagine as Stan, as long as you enjoy the imagine. I thought it was cute bc blushy Stan is a precious concept to me. M'kay.

~Mariah