47. Wyatt Donnelly (Weird Science)

For teenagedoll

Your mom dropped you off in front of the gym doors, but not before giving you all the advice she thought you would need.

"Don't be too shy, but don't be too forward either. Boys will get the wrong idea. Be careful with your drink, and don't drink anything that seems suspicious..."

Finally you told her you understood and made your way into the school gym. You found your two best friends standing against the wall.

"Hey, guys!" you greeted the two boys.

Both of their eyes widened visibly at the sight of you.

"You clean up nice," Gary commented.

You punched him in the arm, making him flinch and rub the sore spot. "Hey! I always look nice."

Wyatt looked to Gary, nodding in agreement. "She really does."

You gave Wyatt a cheesy grin. "Thank you, Wyatt. See, Gary, this is how you speak to a lady."

"Ah, I see. Let me try this new found knowledge on one of those fine ladies over there," Gary decided as he eyed a couple of giggling girls a few feet away. "Papa could use a dance. See you two on the dancefloor." He saluted you and Wyatt as he walked away.

You both broke out in laughter.

"Did he just call himself 'Papa'?" you asked through chuckles.

Wyatt sighed and nodded. "Sadly, yes."

You both watched as Gary finally got one of the girls to agree to dance with him. He turned to you two with a cocky smirk and a fist pump behind the girl's back.

"Our boy's got skills." You were impressed.

"So since Gary's dancing... you want to..?" Wyatt vaguely stammered.

You raised your eyebrows. "Sure. Only if you want to.."

He held out his arm, which you linked your own to. "I guess we're dancing."

You smiled. "Not yet."

He snorted. "Right."

As you joined the couples dancing in the middle of the gym, you assumed the usual positions. You two had secretly practiced slow dancing together since middle school, so you two had a feel for how it should go. You had never told Gary because he already made jokes about you two being practically married. He didn't need any more fuel for that.

Wyatt's hands comfortably held your hips, and yours were around his neck.

A sideways smile tweaked at Wyatt's mouth. "We've danced to this song. In my room. You remember that? That had to be, what, 3 years ago?"

You smiled and tilted your head. "I can't believe you remembered that."

"It was the day before our first school dance." He cleared his throat a little. "So..."

Before he could go on, Gary clapped his hand on Wyatt's shoulder, grinning wide. "Hey, man, did you kiss her yet?" he muttered, though you could easily hear him. Taking in the expressions on both your faces, he just nervously laughed. "Right... I'm just going to... I think that girl over there is calling me over, so I'm just gonna.. Bye!" Gary slung his lanky body away from you two as quickly as he could.

"What was that about?" you asked expectantly to mess with him.

Wyatt's eyes grew. "Um... Oh, you know Gary."

"Right, right." You just nodded.

The song had just ended, and a fast paced number had taken it's place. Wyatt's hands jerked from their place on you, making you hesitantly remove your own.

"If I'm honest, I told Gary I wanted to kiss you before the end of the dance." Wyatt had that nervous look, something you rarely saw when he was just with you.

"You did?"

He looked down at his shoes. "Yeah, but you probably think I'm a dick for wanting to."

You nudged him with your elbow. "Of course I don't think that. I was kind of hoping you would, but if you don't want to since Gary 'ruined' it or whatever..."

His eyes et yours with hope. "You mean.."

You smiled at him and went for it. You pulled him into you, and your lips met in a messy kiss.

When you let go of him, he looked stunned. "You want a drink, Wyatt? You look like you're dying." The smirk on your lips was hard to shake.

He just nodded and followed you.

Passing Gary, you threw your arm around his shoulder. "Well, Gar, he did it!"

I hope you like this!! I'm so sorry how long I've taken, and thank you so much for the request. I hope this was as coherent as I think. M'kay.

~Mariah