36. Chandler Bing (F•R•I•E•N•D•S)

For corey-baby

"April, I don't see why you don't have a boyfriend." Monica subconsciously arranged the contents of the table as she spoke. "You're good looking. You've got a fantastic personality. I mean, you're completely desirable."

"Monica, I guess I have to tell you," you decided. You would have come out with it sooner or later. Monica was your twin, you told her almost everything. "It's not that I can't get a date. It's just that, I'm holding out for.. well, I like Chandler."

Monica stopped her fiddling. "You like Chandler? Oh, boy. I can't tell anyone, can I?" She tucked both sides of her dark hair behind her ears, something she did out of habit.

You gave her the 'duh' look. "Monica, please?"

"Right. I can keep it to myself."

But she proved that it would be difficult for her. Chandler stopped by the apartment, as per usual, and she kept sending winks or varying eyebrow movements any time you two engaged in a conversation or were even remotely close to one another.

When Chandler had gone back to his apartment, Monica practically flew at you. "Your legs were touching."

You gave her a confused look. "That happens when you have thighs with actual substance to them. I take up a little more than an inch of the couch, Mon." Your twin's stick thin figure was one you liked to joke with her about, though you knew it had taken a lot for her to reach that petite size. "It was a joke. But, really, calm down. He probably doesn't like me back." You sighed. "I gotta get ready for work. Try to be lowkey about this, please."

"Right," Monica tried to assure you. "Lowkey."

The minute you had left, she was knocking on Chandler's door. She changed her mind mid-knock, but by then, Chandler was already opening the door.

"Did you miss me in the-" He checked his watched. "-half hour since you saw me last?"

Monica walked past him into the apartment. "Chandler, I have something very important to tell you, but I swear, if you tell April I told you, I'm dead, and then you'll be dead." She was spiralling.

Chandler put up his hand to stop her. "Hey, hey. Monica? Breath. What do you need to tell me?"
__________

You ran your hand through your waves of brown hair. You were working on a crossword at the table when Chandler came in, Joey close behind him.

"Oh, food!" Joey had quickly laid eyes on the casserole Monica had made.

Phoebe, seemingly just noticing the food as well, though she'd been there longer, got up. "I want some too. That looks good."

Chandler took a seat next to you at the table. He seemed kind of fidgety, picking up random things on the table and turning then over in his hands before putting down and picking up another.

Amused by his actions, you watched him messing with a salt shaker, an apple, and a couple pieces of paper. "Chandler, you okay?" Your hazel eyes met his blue ones.

"Yeah," he replied immediately. He glanced away for a second and cleared his throat. "I just- nevermind." He shook his head, smiling at you before finding something else to fidget with.

You put down the pen you had been spinning between your fingers. "Is something wrong? What is it?"

"April, uh, could you come help me with something in the hallway?" He got up and gestured towards the door.

You frowned, confused by his strange mannerisms. "Sure," you answered hesitantly.

You followed him to the door, quickly turning to look at Monica, who was giving you two thumbs up and a cheesy smile.

You closed the door behind you. "What do you need help with?" you asked, looking around.

Your answer was a pair of lips on your own, taking you by surprise. It ended almost as quickly as it started.

"April, would you, I don't know, want to go out with me sometime?"

A blush flooded your cheeks, and you couldn't help but smile. "That sounds great." You sighed. "Monica told you I like you, didn't she?"

He grinned, looking at his feet before looking back at you. He nodded. "She may have mentioned it," he reached for your hand, "and I may have told her that I like you."

"Well, then, I guess I can forgive her for betraying my trust."

May I just say that I am soo sorry for taking so long. I've had y'all waiting so long. I'm honestly the worst at updating. I hope you liked it! Thank you so much for requesting and being patient w my lazy self. M'kay.

~Mariah

Ps. Lemme tell y'all how happy I am it's the weekend now. Very.