100: Duckie Dale (Pretty in Pink)

For Ravenpuffhere

There was burning and pining and perishing, but then there was Duckie Dale. No one could long after someone like he could long after his flame-haired muse, Andie Walsh.

Well, maybe you could, but you would never admit it. You saw the way Duckie loved Andie and the way he tried to shower his affection over her, and you just wanted it. You wanted to be the one he threw his attention at, but instead, you were on the receiving end of his sighs about her.

"She looked ravishing today," he rested his chin on his hand, school-girl style. "Didn't she?"

You absently just nodded along, as usual. You couldn't disagree, Andie's sense of style was to die for, but it was draining to constantly hear his heartfelt compliments directed at her.

The next day, all he could talk about was how Andie would "see he's the one soon enough," and while you outwardly expressed agreements and sympathy for his cause, you were two seconds from screaming. It was like you were the only one who could see the irony about the whole situation.

To be fair, you were. You were the only one that knew about the crush you had on him. No one else could see the irony if no one else knew.

The last straw came when he was crying to you over the phone about how Andie had broken his heart.

"Aren't you tired of this yet?" You didn't mean to sound so harsh, but... then again.

"What do you mean?" he sniffles through the receiver.

Your only source of courage came from the mask that the phone gave you. You wouldn't have to see his face as you allowed the words to spill out. "Andie. I don't understand how you can just keep letting yourself get heart broken over someone that doesn't feel the same way. Especially when I'm right here. I love you, and I have to watch you throw your love away to Andie. Duckie, she won't feel the same about you."

Silence.

All you could hear was the buzz from the phone. And you were starting to regret everything you had said. Maybe living in misery would have been fine-

"You love me?"

"Yes."

"I want to hear you say it again."

You took a deep breath and exhaled. "I love you, Duckie. And I'm tired of hurting for you."

He waited a second before responding. "What are you doing this weekend?"

"Are you serious?" Everything about this moment was boggling your mind. "Are you asking me out?"

"I'd be an idiot if I didn't."

"You're an idiot anyway," you softly laughed. "I'm free this weekend, unless you'd like to give me plans."

"You now have plans," he quickly spoke.

Gah I'm sorry this is so short and that it took me a while (at least, it felt like it)! I hope you like it tho, and thank you so much for requesting!

I hope everyone's doing well. My job isn't too bad, but my knees (which were already not great) are not feeling it. Also, the main register at the store has been broken, so that's an issue, but overall, work's not awful. Plus, my coworkers are super nice.

M'kay.

~Mariah