87: Gordie LaChance (Stand By Me)

For lilgrantdolan

Gordie loved the way your hand fit into his. He loved the way you looked at him when you were in a group of people. He loved the way you muttered curse words under your breath when you were frustrated. He absolutely loved all of the little things that made you the way you are.

And he loved to remind you. Whispering in your ear all the things he loved about you as you laid together, unsure of the time. He could spend an eternity looking at you, hair loose against the soft pillow and comforter held just up against to your chest—sometimes pulled up to your chin.

You'd lay there, eyes closed and grinning. Never had you felt this loved, and you would spend the rest of your life making sure he felt it back.

You loved the way he learned how to cook your favorite foods. You loved the way he said your name. You loved that he seemed to breath you in before pressing a kiss to your cheek or forehead. You had spent years trying to describe love to yourself, but it wasn't until you found him that you truly knew.

You were always his first reader because no matter what the critics said, you were his intended audience. He was your number one supporter in any and all of your endeavors.

"You're the most beautiful person I've ever laid eyes on," Gordie said while running a hand through your hair.

"Mm," you hummed, turning to look at him. "But you're the most beautiful person ever."

His eyebrows furrowed, but his only grew. "Hey. Why do you always have to one-up me?"

You kissed the closest patch of his skin and smiled into him. "Because I like making you blush like that."

He couldn't hide the rosy color that had spread into his cheeks when he was this close to you, but he tried to pull the blanket over his face.

You held it to stop him. "No, stop. Don't hide, please."

He sighed and lowered the blanket. "Fine."

You smiled and planted a kiss on his nose.

For a moment, that room only knew the nearly tangible love you shared, and everything else was irrelevant.

I'm feeling extra single now 🙃 love that for me. Anyway, I hope you like it! Thank you for your request! M'kay.

~Mariah