53. Kirk Cameron

For mckenzisalzer

*Trigger Warning: This centers around a potentially triggering topic, so please do not read if you are sensitive to certain topics, no matter what. I do NOT want any of you risking that, okay?*

Preface: I know I already put the trigger warning, but I just want to say something else. I care about the wellbeing of anyone and everyone that comes across this book and even people beyond that. Even if we know each other in real life and I secretly want to shoot you with a Nerf blaster, I still care about your self-worth. Remember that no matter what, there is someone that loves you, someone that cares about you, someone that will miss you. Please be kind to yourselves.

You didn't know he was coming over.

He wanted to surprise you.

You didn't even think about what he might do or say if he found out.

He could only imagine seeing your smiling face and holding you in his arms.

What neither you imagined was the scene that played out.

He found you, bleeding and crying in your bedroom all by yourself, and you saw him through blurry eyes as he ran to you.

"Baby, baby," he choked out. "What happened? Why are you hurt?" He had that sad puppy dog look about him hat made you break down even more.

You almost told him that it was nothing, just a scrape, but you remembered that you loved him. You couldn't lie. "I just- Kirk, it hurts. I'm hurting. It's so hard to explain to you. Please.."

He pulled you into his chest and held you there, letting you cry while he shed his own tears. "You don't have to explain yourself, but I want you to know that I love you, and I hate to think that even for a second you didn't know that. I love you so much, and you know what? I'm not the only one who loves you. Your family loves you, even when it doesn't seem like they do. Your friends love you. None of us like to see you hurting this way."

His voice was calm and eased the previous thoughts, ugly and destructive, out of your head. All you could think about was being with Kirk and letting him love you and loving him back. And you did. You loved him an incredible amount.

"Where do you keep your first aid stuff?" he asked.

You leaned back from his warm embrace, sniffling. "The bathroom."

He walked you down the hall and sat you down on the side of the tub. He cleaned each wound before bandaging you. He kissed your forehead and held you there a moment. "Let's go somewhere else. It diesn't have ro be far, but I want you to separate yourself from this area for a little while. Have you eaten today?"

"I had breakfast," you answered quietly.

"Alright. We'll go get food and then just drive around a while, okay?"

The corners of your mouth managed to turn up slightly. "Sounds good."

Ik this is shorter than my attention span and there is more note than imagine, but I felt like it didn't need to be very long to get the point across. I want to thank you for requesting this. I hope you liked it.

Also, I want to add that I do not like to romanticize the idea of self harm or any related topic, but I know that it can be therapeutic to imagine someone you love caring about you. Just remember, even if you don't have someone that will hold you and tell you everything will be better, someone loves you and wants you to love the best and most fulfilling life you can achieve. Try to make that person proud. Even if they can't see it happen.

~Mariah