7. Ace Merrill (Stand By Me)

For emriecurtis

"I swear it," Chris insisted.

You narrowed your eyes at him. "Why didn't you check it before you go around letting your friends playing with it?" you fumed.

Chris sighed. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I forgot. I swear I didn't know it was loaded."

After finally convincing you of his innocence, pinky swear and all, you two continued on. However, not much further along, trouble stepped out onto the sidewalk in front of you.

"Well, what do we have here." Chris's brother, Eyeball, smiled menacingly at the two of you.

With one fluid motion, you felt your hat leave your head, and you whipped around to see Ace Merrill putting it on his own head.

As he turned to walk away, you pounced onto his back, screaming. "Give me my hat back, you asshole!"

Ace tried to shake you off, with much difficulty.

Chris and Eyeball had begun to get into it, but Ace quickly yelled for Eyeball to help him. Eyeball grabbed you, managing to yank you off of Ace, but you still had time to snatch the hat.

Eyeball dropped you onto the pavement, making you land on your butt.

Chris helped you up, and you glared at Ace as you defiantly pulled the hat on.

Ace straightened himself out, smirking at you. "You're a feisty one, huh?"

"Excuse me?" you spat.

Chris put his hand on your shoulder to keep you from lunging at Ace again.

Ace got a little closer, and Chris's grip tightened. "It's kinda cute. A couple of years, and I might actually think about you." He winked and snatched the hat once more. This time, he walked away without you on his back.

Your cheeks burned, and your heart was beating erratically. None of the feelings you could think of made sense.

"Come on, Y/N." Chris's voice pulled you back.

You literally spat on the sidewalk where Ace had previously been. "What an jerk. That was my hat."

"Yeah. Let's go," Chris insisted, tugging you.

You followed after him, Ace's words still resonating in your head.

I hope you like it! Thank you for requesting! M'kay.

~Mariah