5. Heath Ledger

"Please stop being angry with me," his muffled voice begged from the other side of the door. "Love, please."

You closed your eyes and wiped away the streaming tears. "I can't just stop being angry, Heath. It's not like you yanked my pigtail on the playground. What you said really hurt."

He, too, was now crying. "I didn't mean it. I swear I didn't."

It had been a bad day for the both of you. Both of you had been especially irritable, and the impending quarrel broke out.

"How do I know that deep down you don't really feel that way?" you countered.

"Because I love you," he replied almost too quietly to hear past the door. "And I couldn't imagine wanting to see you so upset. I couldn't even think such a negative thing about you, if it meant that you would be happy."

You desperately just wanted this to be over. You hated fighting, and it hardly ever happened, but sometimes insecurities got the best of you and you found it difficult to trust his words.

"Please, Y/N," he beckoned. "Just come out. I need to see you."

You took a couple deep breaths, in attempt to sooth your hiccups. You wiped the remaining tears from your cheeks and reached for the door handle.

As you opened the door, a smile spread across his face. "There's your beautiful face." He pulled you into his chest and kissed the top of your head.

"It's impossible to stay mad at you," you sighed.

He kissed you, still smiling. "That's pretty lucky on my part, I guess, because I would hate for you to be mad at me for very long."

Fairly short but my boy Heath is fairly underappreciated. M'kay.

~Mariah